• Register
  • Help

Topic: Ravel: Le Tombeau de Couperin. III. Menuet

Share/Bookmark

Ravel: Le Tombeau de Couperin. III. Menuet

The work continues, and despite lots of other obligations (non-musical kind), I did find the time in the past week to create this rendition of the 3rd movement from "Le Tombeau de Couperin". Fortunately, I did record this music back in 1999, so all I am doing now is to re-map the sounds to GPO4. This still requires work, because I am sometimes splitting tracks into different instrument samples, and I have to record all the expressions new, and also change individual velocities of notes.

Here is the MP3 file:
    http://www.myspace.com/virtualphilha...perin-84554635

It may take a while until I can complete the Rigaudon (4th movement) - will post as soon as that one is online.

Re: Ravel: Le Tombeau de Couperin. III. Menuet

"...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

Reinhold,
    you always get nice sound out of your libraries, I'm very proud of the time you take and the attention to detail that you put into your "making music". It is evident that you don't just throw some notes into a program and let the computer decide the rest.

Listening now to Ravel, Rigaudon
    This is music worth listening to...

Nice!
    Dan

course ya gotta love Ravel!

Not familiar with the original pieces, but that doesn't matter. This is wonderful.

Raymond

Wow I certainly missed this one first time around. Anyway I'm glad Michael bumped it. Wonderful rendering and conducting.

Everyone make sure you listen to #4(Rigaudon) on reinholdbehringer's myspace page. It's equally wonderful.
    Steve Winkler GPO4 JAAB3 Finale 2012 Reaper Windows 7 Pro 64-bit VSL SE+

Hello, Reinhold

I'm joining the line-up of people coming late to your concert - Very grateful this was boosted up to where I could find it.

This is a simply sublime rendition of Ravel. Along with Dpdan and the rest of the audience on this thread, I am so impressed with your dedication to this music, and how masterfully you render it.

Thank you so very much.

EDIT: Reinhold, there's a current thread in a Sonar Forum about using orchestral Libraries. I hope you approve that to offer an excellent example of using GPO, I posted your link.

Randy

Dear friends,

thank you very much for showing your appreciation! I am very glad that you like this.

I hope that the player on MySpace works ok - I did have some trouble with it in recent weeks, it just got stuck in the "buffering" mode, and no music came. I hope that they eventually fixed that glitch.

And Randy, yes, you have of course permission to post these also on the other threat which you mentioned. Since I am using Sonar, this would fit well. Could you send me the link where this thread is, so I could also contribute to the postings?

Cheers,
    Reinhold

Hello, Reinhold - I've sent a message to your Private Message folder. Thanks again for posting the link to your beautiful renditions of Ravel.

Randy

I never take enough time to listen to music. Hectic at home, and in work we are required to use headphones to listen to VO work. Hence my composing to 2am some nights...

Such a shame for me then, because of the great work you're doing with pieces I've not heard. Fantastic rendering - natural and expressive. Really shows off the great GPO woodwind section, and of course, how you use it to great effect.

Keep 'em coming.
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Go Back to forum