• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Volume issue in Sonar X1

Share/Bookmark

GPO Volume issue in Sonar X1

I just installed Sonar X1 and GPO 4. When I enter notes in staff view all is fine for the first few notes. Then the volume drops by about 50%. The note velocity is not changing and the sliders are not moving in either Sonar or the Aria player. Any help would be welcome.

Re: GPO Volume issue in Sonar X1

Quote Originally Posted by RichardMc View Post
    I just installed Sonar X1 and GPO 4. When I enter notes in staff view all is fine for the first few notes. Then the volume drops by about 50%. The note velocity is not changing and the sliders are not moving in either Sonar or the Aria player. Any help would be welcome.
    Different instruments respond differently to volume changes. For example the wind instruments are different from strings. If you could provide a screen shot or what instruments you are using, it would help get to the bottom. Also you should make sure you are on the latest version of Aria. 1.111 I believe. Same with your sound card drivers.

I think I found a fix. I inserted a CC1 message at the beggining of the track which I believe Garritan uses for volume. It seems to work.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardMc View Post
    I think I found a fix. I inserted a CC1 message at the beggining of the track which I believe Garritan uses for volume. It seems to work.
    The is most likely the "end of play" reset that is making the CC1 go to zero.

Actually the volume wasn't being reset to zero. It was being reset to 50% or so.

Go Back to forum