• Register
  • Help

Topic: GS3 Orchestra Licences

GS3 Orchestra Licences

Can anyone point me in the direction of likely places to get hold of two additional GS3 Orchestra licenses? I don't have much cash at the moment so it's a future consideration, but I wanted to ask now to help with planning for using two old XP machines as additional GS3 servers.

Re: GS3 Orchestra Licences

Looks like these are as rare as rocking horse ****

Ian, I'm not sure what all's involved in selling my GS3 License (and disks), but I have an entire GS3 Orch system w/XP computer and libraries for sale

and, if there's a way to break out the GS3 license, I would be glad to offer it to you. I do have a "license transfer" form from TASCAM.
    Let me know if you have any more info about how it would work?
    Bill Myers
    Mac G5 DP 2.3, Os 10.4.11, 4 Gig RAM running DigiPerf 5.13, PTools LE 7.4, Sibelius 5, Finale 2008,
    P4 1.7 Gig, XP SP2, 2 Gig RAM,running GigaStudio 3.2,
    3 x 20" LCDs, 2 x MOTU MTP AVs, Digi 002r
    Kurz K2000r, Roland XV-3080, Emu Pro II, Kurz PC2r, Alesis DM-Pro, Kurz Midiboard

Thanks for the offer Bill, I'll keep it in mind. However, I'm not sure how that would leave the computer you're selling as if you were to transfer the license then you'd be legally bound to remove the Gigastudio software from it, thereby devaluing the computer.

For the moment, I have an outstanding enquiry with TEAC/TASCAM in place asking if there are any leftover licenses around. I've not heard anything back yet and somehow doubt I ever will, but I need to give them time to respond. If I can't get anything 'new' then I'll be searching for licenses secondhand, and then if you haven't sold on yours, I'll follow it up with you.

Go Back to forum