• Register
  • Help

Topic: Last To Another - my new album!

Share/Bookmark

Last To Another - my new album!

Hi all! Its been sometime since I've posted here...but I thought I would share this with you anyway, as it makes use of some Garritan instruments, and you might enjoy it!

I'm excited to say that my album "Last to Another" is now available to listen to on soundcloud Its a genre-crossing album, with classical elements, improvisations (that stray into light jazz) beats, vocals and all sorts. Its a great chill out album!

Last To Another

Obviously, its free to enjoy on soundcloud, but I would be most grateful to anyone who feels like supporting a penniless composer and buying a few tracks... I particularly recommend "Last to Another" "Where Raindrops Fall (improv.) and "When you say those words to me"....but all the tracks are unique and enjoyable

Lastly, here is a review from itunes by someone I dont even know:

"Simply brilliant contemporary instrumental album by the talented British musician and composer Benedict Nichols. Full of emotion and drama, this album is a musit have for any serious listener. It won't be too long before we see Benedict in the credits of some great movies in the future. Sheer genius as demonstrated by the range of music and especially the improvised pieces. We will want to hear a lot more from Benedict."

Dont know about the credits bit, but if he liked it, maybe some here might too!

Enjoy!

Re: Last To Another - my new album!

Wow Ben, that's a great review. I hope this release goes well for you.

Nice, inventive music. Reminded me Vollenweider's, but I think there's more thought in yours. Bought unhesitatingly.

thank you very much guys and thank you alex for your support! Not many people have bought it. I dont really know how to get it publicized much, but wanted to put it out there anyway just incase. You never know when people might stumble across you...

In the process of listening to this now, may not get through it as I'm taking time in work.

Finished listening to the first track - 'Last to Another' - brilliant piece of work. One of the best pieces I've heard on this site in ages. The mix and production is top notch - and I love that building - you say its chillout music, but I felt a rising tension with that piece (in a good way, not in a rude way...arf arf!).

Have you considered offering to do soundtracks for short films? I can hear these pieces scoring all sorts of film styles. I've done a couple now.

Listening to 'Loss' now...another great piece. Great piano.

I know what its like to try and publicise, it can be hard. I've two albums on iTunes, they do alright, but its easy to just get lost in the crowd when you're not a big label.
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Ben! I've been enjoying your music immensely--wait, all caps are in order - IMMENSELY! - Superb work, you really need to know that - this anonymous listener comment/review you quoted is something you totally deserve.

AND it's fun to have music here in General Discussion for a change - Thank you and I wish you the very best.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by BenNichols View Post
    Hi all! Its been sometime since I've posted here...but I thought I would share this with you anyway, as it makes use of some Garritan instruments, and you might enjoy it!

I'm excited to say that my album "Last to Another" is now available to listen to on soundcloud Its a genre-crossing album, with classical elements, improvisations (that stray into light jazz) beats, vocals and all sorts. Its a great chill out album!

Last To Another

Obviously, its free to enjoy on soundcloud, but I would be most grateful to anyone who feels like supporting a penniless composer and buying a few tracks... I particularly recommend "Last to Another" "Where Raindrops Fall (improv.) and "When you say those words to me"....but all the tracks are unique and enjoyable

Lastly, here is a review from itunes by someone I dont even know:

"Simply brilliant contemporary instrumental album by the talented British musician and composer Benedict Nichols. Full of emotion and drama, this album is a musit have for any serious listener. It won't be too long before we see Benedict in the credits of some great movies in the future. Sheer genius as demonstrated by the range of music and especially the improvised pieces. We will want to hear a lot more from Benedict."

Dont know about the credits bit, but if he liked it, maybe some here might too!

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Plowking View Post

Finished listening to the first track - 'Last to Another' - brilliant piece of work. One of the best pieces I've heard on this site in ages. The mix and production is top notch - and I love that building - you say its chillout music, but I felt a rising tension with that piece (in a good way, not in a rude way...arf arf!).

Have you considered offering to do soundtracks for short films? I can hear these pieces scoring all sorts of film styles. I've done a couple now.

Listening to 'Loss' now...another great piece. Great piano.

I know what its like to try and publicise, it can be hard. I've two albums on iTunes, they do alright, but its easy to just get lost in the crowd when you're not a big label.
    Hi Plowking, many thanks for your very kind comments! I did short films whilst at uni, but havent done any for a few years now. Would love to though. How did you get into doing short films? was it through a forum or website or somewhere? Also, you said your albums have done alright....thats better than mine! I really dont know any effective ways of going round advertising it...any ideas?! many thanks!

@rboswser - thanks for your kind words Randy I always appreciate your comments when you chip in on this forum...right from when i first joined years ago! Thank you!

Go Back to forum