• Register
  • Help

Topic: KP2 not seeing JABB

Share/Bookmark

KP2 not seeing JABB

Hi

Have just had to rebuild my whole system on a new PC running Win 7 64-bit. I have reinstalled JABB CMB and GPO. Also updated to GPO KP2 and the KP2.2.4 upgrade.

KP2 sees GPO and CMB but not JABB - any ideas anyone?

thanks

Pete
    Pete Canter

Re: KP2 not seeing JABB

Hi, Pete - You're talking about rather old versions of all those Libraries. You do know that the Garritan instruments now have their own sample player, Aria, and that all of the Libraries were updated for it?

I recently had a new computer built up for me also, and even though I have all my Garritans current, operating in Aria, I wanted to have the previous Kontakt Player versions available also. Through the Native Instruments site I was able to re-claim GPO and CoMb, but I encountered what you did - some problem with JABB.

I wrote to NI support, and they tried to help me, but we weren't able to figure out why the (now out-dated and unsupported) version of JABB wasn't available like the other Libraries.

A Forum member tried to help me with downloads of the KP version of JABB, but it didn't work out either.

So, I do understand what you're talking about. My suggestion is that you completely update your Garritan arsenal. Not only are the previous versions not supported, but all the Libraries had major improvements given to them when they were ported into Aria.

Randy

Thanks Randy,

I hear what you are saying but it is puzzling me that I was able to get JABB, GPO and CMB working in KP2 on my old PC just a couple of weeks ago (before it died), just by downloading the free KP2 upgrades to GPO and CMB and KP2 for JABB.

Pete
    Pete Canter

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Canter View Post
    Thanks Randy,

I hear what you are saying but it is puzzling me that I was able to get JABB, GPO and CMB working in KP2 on my old PC just a couple of weeks ago (before it died), just by downloading the free KP2 upgrades to GPO and CMB and KP2 for JABB.

Pete
    Hi, Pete - I don't know what to tell you. It was exactly at the same juncture for me, starting up a new computer, when I could no longer get the old version (KP2) of JABB from NI. And, as I said, NI tech support was puzzled - the files just aren't there anymore.

I do hope you take advantage soon of the new, and I think vastly improved versions of all those Libraries as they now are in Aria.

Randy

Not sure why you experienced problems installing JABB on Win7-x64. I just did that - no problemos.

Here's what I did:

1) Ran the original KP1 installer (DVD), but installed only Library and Finale Notation Set - no need to install KP1 standalone, VST, DXi etc. And do not run the Registration Tool!
    2) Ran the JaBB_KP2_223U_Win.zip updater (downloadable from Personal Update Manager 'Garritan - Jazz & Big Band'), where I erroneously issued the original KP1 Serial number - should have been the the KP2 Serial number (also downloadable from Personal Update Manager 'Garritan - Jazz & Big Band'). I was able to change this in Service Center, though (4). Check all the executables you need and the library check box. Do not run the Service Center or KP2 just yet.
    3) Ran the KontaktPlayer2_224_Win.zip updater (downloadable from Personal Update Manager 'Garritan - Jazz & Big Band KP2 update'). Check the same executables as in 2).
    4) Now run latest version of Service Center and Activate both JABB KP1 and JABB KP2.
    5) Run KP2 standalone.

Simple as that.

Nickie! It is so great to see you here on the Forum again!

And your detailed post, like the ones you're famous for - is much appreciated. I feel like I did everything you outlined, starting with starting with the original JABB discs, but you inspire me to try yet again.

And hopefully the OP, Pete, has his auto-email alert on so he can see your instructions. Pete - hope you follow Nickie's post and that you have success. Let us know how it goes!

Randy

SPAM ALERT - not that there's anyone here who can really do something about it. But this "missjennifer" bot has re-posted one of my posts twice now, with the idea being that people click on her nail polish link. DON'T CLICK that folks!

Randy--wishing he could delete the Spam--grrrrrrrrr

Is this what has become of our hallowed forum. Is NorthernSounds not even keeping up with this trash? Disappointed member here!
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Go Back to forum