• Register
  • Help

Topic: Dance or Die

Share/Bookmark

Dance or Die

Hello;
    I am busy as can be with so many things tugging and pulling at me. I am having a great time with my new animation software, after posting numerous experimental pieces on You Tube, including, get ready to gasp, a video of Lady Gaga's The Edge of Glory (X2 because she and her Mom didn't like the first one), with a cover of the tune produced by me and featuring the vocal talents of 16 year old Star, (yes that's her name). My next production using Star will be an original song and I have already written the song, but (groan) not all the words yet. It is good, in a way, to be producing the animated videos, because they all need some kind of music. I rendered a very nice version of part of "The Force of Destiny" by Verdi to use with one called "goodbye, Jeffery", and it worked great!
    In keeping with my aforementioned pursuits, I present to you an original composition, written last Fall, called, "Dance or Die". Such is my state of mind that I even consider such propositions, and yet, still I feel there may be elements of truth to the musics title.
    I used quite a lot of contrary motion in this one, it's use and presence are closely entwined with and are thus part of the musical theme. I used a fair bit of Brass and neither did I spare the Timpani!

Dance or Die - sd cisco 2011

Adios Amigos!
    sd cisco

Re: Dance or Die

Sid,

You are such a busy lad. It sounds like you are having a lark with combining your music to your new video software. I'll have to check out the iclone pro myself. Always wanted to try combining my music to animation. Although, I'm not sure my little-grey-cells could cope with yet another software program to learn. I did seeeeeeeeee your Bare Witch Project also,but didn't want to bring it back on the first page since you have this post already, but that was really cool!

Just wanted to say hi since I've been gone for so long from this forum. I can always count on you being the chameleon of this forum, which I mean in a good way. Always changing your colors to fit whatever environment your are presently working on. That's a great talent, one I'm afraid I don't possess, so it's a joy to hear and now see your creations. Best of luck on this new adventure. Please post more as you progress.

Best,

Cass

Quote Originally Posted by Cass Hansen View Post
    Sid,

You are such a busy lad. It sounds like you are having a lark with combining your music to your new video software. I'll have to check out the iclone pro myself. Always wanted to try combining my music to animation. Although, I'm not sure my little-grey-cells could cope with yet another software program to learn. I did seeeeeeeeee your Bare Witch Project also,but didn't want to bring it back on the first page since you have this post already, but that was really cool!

Just wanted to say hi since I've been gone for so long from this forum. I can always count on you being the chameleon of this forum, which I mean in a good way. Always changing your colors to fit whatever environment your are presently working on. That's a great talent, one I'm afraid I don't possess, so it's a joy to hear and now see your creations. Best of luck on this new adventure. Please post more as you progress.

Best,

Cass
    Hey Cass, how ya doin'!!
    Glad to see you appear again, I think it's been like, a year or so! I haven't been around like I used to either, it's strictly a matter of time, never, ever enough! I sure hope you are doing well and getting to work on some stuff, too! If ever there was a software developers dream customer, it might be me. At least when it comes to music or 3d animation software, as I have become nearly obsessed with exploring all the possibilities, because, that's the thing, it is the wonder of being able to create things and express something or tell a story, using such tools, and at the same time, for me at least, it's really a groove to learn something, it's hard when you're trying to "get" it, but so good when you finally do! And the amazing thing is that I can still learn, while dealing with forgetting why I went to the next room!

Take it easy!
    sd cisco

!! Now that was scary- I mean that in a good way. Good, quirky, scary fun. Music from some newly discovered circle in Dante's Hell, where the damned souls are forced to waltz for eternity! Of course, the inevitable comparison to a Tim Burton movie with Danny Elfman music - it wasn't quite as wild as that, but I'm sure listeners will think of it.

Sd! --I love to be taken places by music - Thanks for this very fun and unexpected twirl around the dance floor!

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    !! Now that was scary- I mean that in a good way. Good, quirky, scary fun. Music from some newly discovered circle in Dante's Hell, where the damned souls are forced to waltz for eternity! Of course, the inevitable comparison to a Tim Burton movie with Danny Elfman music - it wasn't quite as wild as that, but I'm sure listeners will think of it.

Sd! --I love to be taken places by music - Thanks for this very fun and unexpected twirl around the dance floor!

Randy
    My pleasure, Randy!!
    I wrote that a little over a year ago and had been keeping it to myself. I thought I did a good job on the cymbals, as well as the general boom-bast!
    I think this would work fine if you added rock drums, as it's kind of like that anyway, with the Timpani part.
    Thank you for listening and commenting!

Best regards,
    sd cisco

"...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

Now that was fun. I really enjoyed your Waltz from Hell. As Randy suggested, there are parts of this, particularly in the middle, that remind me of something Danny Elfman would do for a Tim Burton flick but overall it went beyond that.

Can you post some links to your animations? Or have you and I've missed them since I've been away for a while? If there's no Garritan products put them in a thread like this one...
    Trent P. McDonald

Quote Originally Posted by Michael A. Wiktor View Post
    Nice dark waltz... moody - and darkly comical... in my opinion of course.
    Love the use of chromaticism, especially in the lower registers.

Great work here - enjoyed.

M
    Thank you Michael!! This one has been an enduring favourite of mine since I wrote it last year.
    One thing for sure, it's pure GPO4!

best regards,
    sd cisco

Quote Originally Posted by trentpmcd View Post
    Now that was fun. I really enjoyed your Waltz from Hell. As Randy suggested, there are parts of this, particularly in the middle, that remind me of something Danny Elfman would do for a Tim Burton flick but overall it went beyond that.

Can you post some links to your animations? Or have you and I've missed them since I've been away for a while? If there's no Garritan products put them in a thread like this one...
    Hell Trent!
    Great to see you and thank you for your comments on D or D!
    I am continuing to work on new animations, so I am glad you asked. Not sure how multiple links to yt will stack up here, but I will try to include several.

Best regards,
    sd cisco

http://youtu.be/0h6u2ojCQWI
    http://youtu.be/z8CKY2whSTQ
    http://youtu.be/37k2p6ojq3A
    http://youtu.be/zVBc_bWWNqM
    http://youtu.be/QJaJNw98zAs

Interesting animations. Not exactly what I was expecting but I can see the potential in this type of animation. As it is, I like your background music more than the animation, even the R-rated ones....
    Trent P. McDonald

Go Back to forum