• Register
  • Help

Topic: Unable to upload new avatar--anyone else?

Share/Bookmark

Unable to upload new avatar--anyone else?

Sheesh I'm tired of that Avatar picture I hastily put up awhile back. Trying to change it - The new one is way under the maximum size of 80 X 80 pixels, 6.4 kbs. I've tried directly uploading it from my hard drive, and also by parking the picture at a storage site and uploading via the URL. All I get is the error message "invalid file."

Anybody having luck changing their Avatars here at Northern Sounds recently?--If so, maybe you could pass on a tip or two?

--oh no, is it another funky Firefox problem?

EDIT: I tried to do it in Chrome, and that didn't work either. So it's not a Firefox problem.

Frustrated Randy

Re: Unable to upload new avatar--anyone else?

I can't get it to work using IE9 either. I would guess the site is running itself at this point. Things are starting to become strange. It's eerie and haunting but then it may be just the weekend at hand!
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by RichR View Post
    I can't get it to work using IE9 either. I would guess the site is running itself at this point. Things are starting to become strange. It's eerie and haunting but then it may be just the weekend at hand!
    Mmmmm, maybe that's it, Rich--Halloweeeeeeen weekend with poltergeists playing pranks on the Forum.

--or--as in your first guess, that this place just isn't functioning at full speed anymore.

In any case, thanks for reporting in on this topic - Looks like we simply can't change our avatars anymore. Too bad.--!

Randy

I also tried to change my avatar a few weeks back with the same result.
    Have you noticed that the message that NorthernsSounds was for sale is gone?
    There's something going on that we don't know...

~ Yudit ~

Quote Originally Posted by sunbird View Post
    I also tried to change my avatar a few weeks back with the same result.
    Have you noticed that the message that NorthernsSounds was for sale is gone?
    There's something going on that we don't know...

~ Yudit ~
    Thanks for the confirmation, Yudit. I guess that settles that-- We can't change Avatars. --And I did notice the "for sale" was taken down. --- Hard to tell what is going on.---

At least we're still able to post questions and replies here, and share music in the Listening Room and post responses there even when someone posts music that isn't our cup of tea. Simply acknowledging each other's efforts is in keeping with the sense of community we used to experience here at the Garritan Forums.

I'm sure there are some changes coming, for the better, and I have the feeling the Forum will continue-- in a new and stronger way than before. Let's try to have some patience as things unfold.

Randy

Go Back to forum