• Register
  • Help

Topic: Piano cover of Babooshka (Kate Bush)

Share/Bookmark

Piano cover of Babooshka (Kate Bush)

Piano is the Sampletekk White Grand in Kontakt. Sorry for the nervous tempo changes. ;^)

Re: Piano cover of Babooshka (Kate Bush)

Either I forgot to include the link, or it was auto-removed. I'll try again:

http://www.box.net/shared/ndmjv6m9slusf14fgb4i
    www.box.net/shared/ndmjv6m9slusf14fgb4i

Greg.

Awesome job. So well done.

I wish my arrangements sounded as good as that!! I love how it has a jazzy feel / vibe to it, especially at the end in lieu of the glass smashing!! What software are you using?

I'd love to hear a version with a solo instrument, or even a duet (maybe a contrast say an oboe for the verses and something with the power to be a really aggressive or dark (say a viola) for the chorus.

[GI-NORMOUS THREAD BUMP]

Quote Originally Posted by thunderwolf9 View Post
    Awesome job. So well done.

I wish my arrangements sounded as good as that!! I love how it has a jazzy feel / vibe to it, especially at the end in lieu of the glass smashing!! What software are you using?

I'd love to hear a version with a solo instrument, or even a duet (maybe a contrast say an oboe for the verses and something with the power to be a really aggressive or dark (say a viola) for the chorus.
    Thanks for the feedback - I'm glad you like it!

Regarding the software, as I said in my first post - it's the Sampletekk White Grand, and I used the Kontakt sample player to play it. I rendered it in the Ableton Live DAW, but the only effect I used was reverb, and I used Kontakt to apply the reverb.

I agree that would be better with with one or two other instruments. Nevertheless, I'm surprised at how well it sounds - I wasn't very optimistic I could do enough with ten fingers to reproduce the excellent harmonies and exquisite vocal line. Btw I don't know much music theory - I just listen carefully and slowly and tinker around until I get something that sounds the same as what I'm hearing. I have great admiration for jazz improvisers who can take a song and completely go to town with it.

Greg.

Go Back to forum