• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Quantum Leap Guitars Documentation?

Share/Bookmark

Quantum Leap Guitars Documentation?

I have purchased the Quantum Leap Guitar and Bass \"Special Gigasampler Edition\" and am very disappointed at the lack of documentation.

The sounds use velocity switching to access the different articulations or effects in the instrument, but there is no documentation indicating what is in each instrument, and what velocities trigger each layer.

Does anyone have any documentation along those lines? Or how can I find out that information, short of opening each instrument in the editor, and writing it down from there?

Re: Quantum Leap Guitars Documentation?

I also recently purchased Quantum Leap Guitar and Bass and was also disappointed with the lack of documentation. I really enjoy many of the sounds, but had to spend a lot of time \"noodling with the patches\" to find out they\'re capabilites. I\'ve also been unable to find any minor chords. I\'m hoping that I\'ve just been unable to determine how to activate them. If not, I\'m very unhappy with the lack of product clarification. As I said before, many of the sounds are very well done, but it really limits the usability of the product if minor chords are missing. Anyone have any ideas?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tarsir:
    I have purchased the Quantum Leap Guitar and Bass \"Special Gigasampler Edition\" and am very disappointed at the lack of documentation.

The sounds use velocity switching to access the different articulations or effects in the instrument, but there is no documentation indicating what is in each instrument, and what velocities trigger each layer.

Does anyone have any documentation along those lines? Or how can I find out that information, short of opening each instrument in the editor, and writing it down from there?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey guys,

I have the QL Git & Bass. The documentation (i.e. the programming details for each instrument) is in the CD-ROM summarised in one or two Word documents. Just open your CD-ROM in Windows Explorer and you will be able to see it....

Anyway some comments abt the library, one gross thing I noticed is the bloody high noise level for the acoustic guitar samples. On the Acoustic Steel String, you can hear birds chirping in the background for the low E note (and therefore in the whole region it is stretched across).

Wonder was it intentional or did they just record it at home to save costs!!!!!!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Saudade:
    Hey guys,

I have the QL Git & Bass. The documentation (i.e. the programming details for each instrument) is in the CD-ROM summarised in one or two Word documents. Just open your CD-ROM in Windows Explorer and you will be able to see it....

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know about those documents. One Word format, one Wordperfect format, and one plain text. They only tell what instruments are on the CD, they don\'t tell anything about the details of each instrument. There\'s no way I would call those files \"documentation.\"

If they are going to produce sounds that use velocity switching to trigger different types of sounds, they need to provide the details about what those sounds are, and what velocity levels trigger those sounds. As it is, the included \"information\" files are pathetic. I don\'t have the time to go through each file to determine at what velocity level I can play those things before it will trigger a different sound.

Yes, QL Guitar and Bass was recorded mostly in my own studio and wasn\'t really done with the intention of releasing it to the public. It only occurred to me when I was mostly done with the samples. I decided to release the library in Giga format because I wanted to support this upcoming and very promising format. QL Guitar and Bass is not really a cutting edge library. It was done 5 years ago and was my first venture into sampling. Sorry about the documentation, it never really occured to me, that it needed more explanation. That being said, I still think the library is wonderful and is by far, the best all around collection out there.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nick Phoenix:
    Yes, QL Guitar and Bass was recorded mostly in my own studio and wasn\'t really done with the intention of releasing it to the public. It only occurred to me when I was mostly done with the samples. I decided to release the library in Giga format because I wanted to support this upcoming and very promising format. QL Guitar and Bass is not really a cutting edge library. It was done 5 years ago and was my first venture into sampling. Sorry about the documentation, it never really occured to me, that it needed more explanation. That being said, I still think the library is wonderful and is by far, the best all around collection out there.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry about the last empty message. Thanks Nick for your reply. It\'s great to be able to get a response from the author of the library. And thanks for your work too. I like a lot of the patches in the library, and I can live with the thin documentation. I\'m not a professional, so part of the fun for me is to explore the sounds and get inspiration during the process. However, I was really bummed to not find any minor chords and very few chord variations. I think that addition alone would really bring this library to a different level and extend its marketable life significantly.

I wouldn\'t have been nearly as disappointed if I would\'ve know it up front. I would\'ve probably still purchased it (especially if the price had been a little lower), but as it now stands I\'m not sure I would recommend it given what I paid ($269). My opinion (for what it\'s worth) to help avoid customer dissatisfaction would be to add something to the product description about the lack of minor chords, or to adjust the price to fit today\'s expectations. I still like the library, and would have still been fully satisfied if the price would\'ve been a little lower (maybe similar to, say the Jacarda acoustic library or some equivalent). I really like the other stuff you have out there and intend to follow your work in the future. I make the suggestion not to get my own satisfaction, but to help you in keeping your customer base happy and intact for years to come.

Thanks for listening, and keep up the good work. I\'m looking forward to your future projects.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nick Phoenix:
    Yes, QL Guitar and Bass was recorded mostly in my own studio and wasn\'t really done with the intention of releasing it to the public.
    Sorry about the documentation, it never really occurred to me, that it needed more explanation. That being said, I still think the library is wonderful and is by far, the best all around collection out there.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the reply, Nick, even though the information is disappointing. The sounds are great, but I don\'t think that I will buy any other Quantum Leap products in the future, unless I was sure that I would be satisfied with the documentation. I have no doubt that I would be satisfied with the sounds.

Actually there are minor chords. The prs chords have minor chords as does the Black face chords. You need an 88 key controller to access them all.
    As far as documentation goes, QL Brass has good documentation (review at prorec.com mentions the documentation) and my upcoming title QL Rare Instruments has the most comprehensive booklet you\'ve ever seen.

Not really on the topic, but Quantum Leap Brass in my opinion is inspiring and awesome. It has a great room ambience that is only found in a few libraries such as the Malsjmo Grand.

Go Back to forum