• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Hans Zimmer Guitars 2-Should I buy it?

Share/Bookmark

Hans Zimmer Guitars 2-Should I buy it?

I\'ve been thinking of getting this library for some good guitar sounds. The demo sounds great. Is it any good? Can you use the velocity triggering with the akai format to make the guitars slide up a whole step when you hit the notes hard with Gigastudio? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks!

[This message has been edited by Damon (edited 02-22-2001).]

Re: Hans Zimmer Guitars 2-Should I buy it?

I bought HZ II Audio version and created Soundfonts from it. I was able to do the velocity switching between straight notes and the slides (quite a cool effect).

What is nice about the Akai format version is you get 4 layers including vibrato, slide and slide down/grace/effects all velocity switched.

In terms of the sounds, they are all really well recorded. I get the most use out of the Collings Acoustic, Jazz Hollowbody, Electric Sitar and Nylon Guitar. There are a lot of other unusual guitars.

If you are going for a complete guitar instrument that really leverages gigasampler, you may want to wait for that big Martin Guitar being talked about at nemesys. While HZ II are really well recorded, the realism is limited to relatively small samplesets (32 megs or less). In addition, I have heard that Best Service Best Guitar will be offering a Giga formatted library for about half the price of HZ II and with bigger sounds. The demo sounds awesome as well.

Since you are visiting this site, I am sure you are well aware of Worra\'s products as well.

Bottom line: HZ II is well produced and is quite appropriate for filling \"mainstream\" and more unusual guitar needs (if you need an Oud). If you are a HW based sampler user and need compactness it is a great library. However, if you want \"Giga\" hugeness and sound coverage I would maybe wait for the bigger libraries.

Thanks for your input sgarsson!

>In addition, I have heard that Best Service Best Guitar will be offering a Giga formatted library for about half the price of HZ II and with bigger sounds. The demo sounds awesome as well.<

Hi!

What is this Best guitar thing??? IS it something extra or a Giga-Version of the Hans Zimmer II (I didn\'T get it from what you said...). Where to listen to the Demo???

Thanks in advance

------------------
    O.H.

Best Service Best Guitar?

Do you mean Pure Guitars by Yellowtools?

Sorry all, I did mean the Pure Guitar - Yellow from Best Service. Did not mean to create false expectations of an undiscovered library we can\'t wait to get our hands on :-)

You can hear the demo at www.soundsonline.com

Scott

You can get mode info at www.yellowtools.com
    Yes, there is Gigasampler version, but files are quite small (max 50MB). Otherwise the Giga files are same as Akai, but there is
    some keywitches in Giga version. There is also pdf.file, so you can see yourself!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by marco b:
    You can get mode info at www.yellowtools.com
    Yes, there is Gigasampler version, but files are quite small (max 50MB). Otherwise the Giga files are same as Akai, but there is
    some keywitches in Giga version. There is also pdf.file, so you can see yourself!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thnaks, but this info doesn\'T allow me to listen to the difference in sound, does it???

------------------
    O.H.

>[QUOTE]Originally posted by sgarsson:
    [B]Sorry all, I did mean the Pure Guitar - Yellow from Best Service. You can hear the demo at ....<

What I wonder about is if that demo is the 24bit EXS 24 demo or the down-to-16bit-dithered-Gigasampler version. Anyone knowing how big the difference in sound is???

------------------
    O.H.

OH -- you are way beyond my level of sophistication determining 24 bit vs. 16 bit dithered sound quality of a sample set.

Sorry I cannot help you with that.

Scott

Go Back to forum