• Register
  • Help

Topic: More FREE sounds for Aria

Share/Bookmark

More FREE sounds for Aria

Here's something fun that was included in a music newsletter I got this morning from Camel Audio. They are makers of the Alchemy sample player which uses the SFZ format created by Cakewalk, and which is the same format used in the Garritan Aria player.

Here's the email text:

"Six of the most popular Bolder free downloads are now available in SFZ format, they include - Toy Piano, Music Box, Thumb Piano, Washer and Dryer Hits & Loops, Harmonica and the Mini Sax. You do have to sign up for an account and add the products to your cart - but these libraries are completely free.Download Free SFZs from Bolder Sounds"

It was a very simple, fast process to sign up, and then clicking on Free Sounds on the left hand side of the Bolder Sounds site, I found the six instruments listed in that blurb. The downloads are now awaiting installation on my hard drive.

Note - As you add each SFZ instrument to your shopping cart, be sure to use the drop down menu and choose the SFZ format.

Also, note that there are two versions of the Music Box - one sample set I was especially interested in. One has been programmed for Kontakt, the full retail version, not Kontakt Player. But there's another Music Box set for SFZ called "DIY Music Box," "DIY" standing for "do it yourself." I'll find out exactly what that means, but it looks like it's the set of raw samples, ready to be adapted - But it was available in the SFZ format.

I bet these will be fun - Hope some of you try them out too!

Randy

Re: More FREE sounds for Aria

I'm happy to see some SFZ files popping up. I hope this is a trend.

Quote Originally Posted by Martygras View Post
    I'm happy to see some SFZ files popping up. I hope this is a trend.
    Great, Martygras - That's one of the coolest things about Aria: Like Dimension in Sonar, it reads SFZ files, and that's getting to be the universal format for sample driven instruments. It makes it so convenient to integrate all sorts of additional instruments when we work with Garritan Libraries.

I don't know how many people actually used the link I posted here, but if they did, they'd have several very well done new instruments.

I'm psyched about the Toy Piano - I've wanted a good sample set of that for years. Now I'm looking forward to using it. And the Music Box! - I've used Celesta for a Music Box stand in before, and there were Music Box settings on hardware synths I used - But this is a sample set very well recorded from an actual music box, and there's nothing else like that sound. These are choice! Their price--FREE--totally belies their quality. If these were offered as part of a sample set that people paid for, nobody would complain.

Randy

I have to concur that these sounds are really nice. The MiniSax can pass for a Duduk with the right mixing which is pretty handy.

Quote Originally Posted by jdsnyderii View Post
    I have to concur that these sounds are really nice. The MiniSax can pass for a Duduk with the right mixing which is pretty handy.
    What an interesting discovery! I plunked on the MiniSax a few times - shrugged - Now I'll go back and not take it so literally this time. Excellent tip.

Randy

Go Back to forum