• Register
  • Help

Topic: Aria in VEpro Multi - can't assign channel outputs

Share/Bookmark

Aria in VEpro Multi - can't assign channel outputs

Hi - I can't get VEPro to let me edit the output channel settings when I use the Multi version of the VST plugin. I'm using Protools and when I asked for help on the DUC forums I didn't get any responses. Same for VSL forums.

RTAS versions plays fine in PT9, VST versions appear to work fine in VSThost. It's only in VEPro that I can't change the outputs. The outputs for all channels are fixed at 1/2.

Problem on both 32 and 64 bit versions.

I could swear this was working a few months back because I have a project that was setup to route 10 channels to separate AUX tracks in Protools.

Using RTAS version isn't an option for me. I get too much of a performance hit in Protools and the sessions aren't playable. Putting Aria and my other VIs inside VEPro somehow gets around this.

I would appreciate any advice.

Alain

Re: Aria in VEpro Multi - can't assign channel outputs

So does anyone use Aria as a Multi instrument?

My opinion is that Aria could be a great instrument with an awesome workflow for people like me who use Pro-tools, Sibelius, VEPro etc. It's just a shame that the outputs can't be mapped to a bus and have to be connected to real outputs. That's kind of dumb and a real show stopper but I'm starting to think based on the response to my original question that I'm the only one who sees it that way.

This doesn't make sense but it doesn't appear that there is a fix on the horizon. Time to look for an alternative I guess.

Alain

What version of VEP are you using?? Are you aware of the new Audio Input plug-in in VEP 5 and how it can be used?? I'm not sure I quite understand your exact problem because I don't use Aria in VEP.
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

I'm using VEpro V5 - latest patch. I have tried the new Analog Input feature in VEPro. It works great for other instruments that I own but it too won't work with Aria - Multi.
    I'm also using 1.111 version of Aria.

Here's a comparison of how Aria works compared to other instruments.

Start VEPro 32/64 bit - depends on what plugs you have.

1 Load an instrument such as Miroslav Philharmonik - any multi I've tried seems to work (except for Aria )
    2 load a patch into a slot. The output defaults to channel 1+2
    3 play your keyboard and listen to the patch being played on 1+2
    4 change the output assignment to some other channel 31+32 for instance.
    5 In VEPRO create an analog input and route Philharmonik1-16 to its input.
    6 Leave the output to Master Bus ( default 1+2)
    7 play your keyboard and you should notice that you've successfully sent the output through a virtual internal path
    8 if you have keen ears, you'll hear the default effects still being sent to 1+2 but you can turn this off via a knob.

You can assign all the slots in Miroslav to their own output and then use your DAW to combine them.

With Aria....

1 Load Aria into a slot of VEPro - Multi or non-multi version
    2 load a patch into an Aria slot. The output defaults to channel 1+2
    3 play your keyboard and listen to the patch being played on 1+2
    4 change the output assignment to some other channel. Fail.

You can't because they're dimmed and you can only select 1/2

It's makes no difference if you select the other non-multi version of ARIA. They both behave as if "Multi" is disabled.

In the RTAS version of ARIA in Protools - it works.

The problem is that the current 32 bit version of Protools chokes with anything more than a few instances of virtual instruments. That's the reason a lot of people choose to host these Virtual instruments inside VEPro. It's a really neat workflow. It's also very stable right up to the limit of the memory on your system.

ARIA's multi feature in VST appears to not work as expected.

By the way, other virtual instruments work as expected.

I really like GPO, JABB and World Instruments - you can't beat the value for quality. Too bad the player seems wonky.

Any suggestions?

Alain

Hi Alain,
    As I mentioned I don't use the Aria Player (I do use VEP 5), but based on:

..."In the RTAS version of ARIA in Protools - it works
    ....ARIA's multi feature in VST appears to not work as expected.
    ....By the way, other virtual instruments work as expect"

it seems clear to me that the people you want to contact are the producers of the Aria player and Garritan.

Please note too that there was some news just released by Garritan about the Aria player etc.:
    "ARIA Updates Coming Soon!
    Developed in collaboration with Plogue Art et Technologie, ARIA is Garritan’s advanced sample player. The ARIA Player is constantly improving in performance and features. For NAMM we will be showing new features including a new design, branding tabs for different libraries, GVIplugin for playing Giga files, OSX 64bit standalone support, convolution with impulses from renown acoustic spaces, and other features. We are discussing licensing ARIA third party developers and welcome discussions with developers."

Sorry I can't offer more help but perhaps the makers of the Aria player can.

Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

playz123

Yes - I tried to get an answer from Plogue but their web site is a dead end. I guess as an OEM they don't really want to get involved with supporting ARIA. All links for Aria support bring you back here or to some pretty lame FAQ.

My work around for now is to use other players and libraries. I've been seriously looking at VSL for some time now. Expensive but I'm liking the MIR reverb. I guess you get what you pay for? Maybe I'm expecting too much for a $150 piece of software.

Thanks for trying to assist me.

Alain

Go Back to forum