• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: My New Set-up!

Share/Bookmark

Talking My New Set-up!

For my birthday, my wonderful partner Karenpurchased me a new computer desk. It's great as I now have everything within easy reach. It's especially nice to have the keyboard controller right below the computer keyboard. I have such a tiny space to work in (it's actually a walk-in closet off the spare bedroom) it took a long time to find just the right desk without it costing a ton of money.

So here it is:

The Mac is old, but I hope to upgrade it enough to run a few music programs (besides the price was right...free!).

Gary A.
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Re: My New Set-up!

Looks great Gary and I can tell that you really love it.

It's so motivating and satisfying to have someone love you that respects
    your cultural endeavors and helps you achieve the best "in you."

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Happy to see we share the same keyboard controller.
    I feel less lonely at meeting the other guy that has bought
    the second one around the world.
    The desk it is awesome: there's nothing similar here in Italy.
    Neither having enough room for it...
    Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

That's great, Gary! I would be extremely comfortable working with that set up.

Maybe we should start another "My Studio" pictorial thread. Last time we had that was years ago. - Taking pictures to post is good motivation for people to dust and tidy up their work areas - so has a double purpose!

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    ...Taking pictures to post is good motivation for people to dust and tidy up their work areas...
    I think the pix would be a lot more interesting if folks didn't tidy up!

(not mine, by the way!)
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

http://reberclark.blogspot.com http://reberclark.bandcamp.com http://www.youtube.com/reberclark

hehe - Rather glad that Isn't yours, Chip - Looks like a corner of Dr. Frankenstein's lab.

Hey--shall we start a new thread with pictures? Or we could add to this thread - but people wouldn't know to look for new shots. Whaddya wanna do?

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post

Hey--shall we start a new thread with pictures? Or we could add to this thread - but people wouldn't know to look for new shots. Whaddya wanna do?

Randy
    My pictures would have to wait a while. We're having some building work done, the last part of which is going to be bashing out some walls to combine my current bedroom studio with the room behind it. Eventually I'll be a in a great space - but it has meant the sacrifice of packing all the equipment into a tiny room, for several months, and sealing up the door against all the dust. I've been getting my fix by playing with AudioMulch at school, but no sample-based composition for a year.
    David

I like your setup! Neat and Clean.

BUT!!! reberclark, why did you take a picture of the back side of my studio?
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
    ... no sample-based composition for a year.
    The remodeling sounds great - but omg, Pingu--A YEAR--?!

For a full year I used just my lap top, with zero space needed to work with it. OK, well also my shorter 49 key MIDI board, easily parked it on an available surface. Had all me Garritan Libraries, me Sonar - I happily made lots of music that way.

--Using a 'top like that is a better alternative to taking a year off!--

Randy

Nice to hear the responses to these pics, though I'm sure glad I finally have less of a mess with the cords. God knows how many times it seems like what I had looked a lot like what Chip showed. Yikes!!! Randy, I think it would be great if we started a new thread about what everybody has. I sure love the setup DPDan uses. And Fabio, I do love this controller! I needed a 61 key controller and this was just right for my budget. I still have an M-Audio 49 key controller, but I don't use it anymore and am looking to sell it before Christmas.

By the way, in case anyone is interested, here's a link to where I found the desk I'm using:

http://www.quill.com/studio-rta-satu...054961#SkuTabs

Gary A.

P.S. Pingu, I don't think I could wait a whole year and not do some kind of composing. Hopefully your remodeling will take less time than you planned!
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Go Back to forum