• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Posting Images

Question Posting Images

I am trying to include images in my posts. (Something I've not done before)
    I used the snippet tool to capture my computer screen shots I want to upload for the images.

I have read the FAQ and created an album to upload files from my computer (JPEG and/or PNG) but it tells me it's an invalid file type. I resized them and tried again but still no luck.

In the reply to post message box, when I click on the insert image icon it just asks for an url.

I'm obviously missing something very basic here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Music... A Joy For Life.

Re: Posting Images

Upload your photos to a free storage website like Photobucket
    and you'll get the url link you need for your post.

~ Yudit ~

Hello Sunbird,

I didn't realize I had to have them on a website. I thought I could insert them from my album.

Thank you so much for your quick reply.

Music... A Joy For Life.

I'm not familiar with uploading to this site in particular, but in general Mac OSX snippets are not Jpegs, and you can use any number of free programs to convert them. The easiest way is to upload the files to a site like PhotoBucket and post the link with the IMG tag.

May I help?

Hi SecondSelf,

Yes, this is what I'm trying to do but I keep getting a little blue thumbnail. No picture like you have. Am I clicking the wrong link at the hosting site?

The picture is much smaller than other posters have put on. I've been doing music & computers for a long time but forums & posting in general is relatively new to me. Thanks for trying to help me out here.

Music... A Joy For Life.

I went to the first link you posted. You must of just deleted it.

Within the source page of that site I found the actually link to your picture.

This: http://pixa.s3.amazonaws.com/images/2f4/19484250.jpg

Then, I posted a thread here in the forum as usual and clicked on the "Insert Picture" button... entered in the above url link for your picture.

I keep trying the different links the site gives me but the link you have with jpg at the end isn't one of them.

How did you get to the source code and is that what I need to do?

Thank you for this help

Music... A Joy For Life.

yes, it seems like it.

Right click anywhere on the web page that shows your picture and select "view source". Each browser is a bit different. If you don't see the selection for "view source" click on a different area of the web page.

After that, a text file of the web site html code will pop up. just look for the appropriate .jpg link. Cut and Paste from there.

also, just make sure the link ends w/ .jpg or a recognized picture format and it should work.

Go Back to forum