• Register
  • Help

Topic: Fourth Contrarian

Share/Bookmark

Fourth Contrarian

Currently, my focus us strongly skewed toward the organ. This is one of my latest, using GPO organ.

Fourth Contrarian

Richard

Edit: the link leads to First Contrarian, which is correct even though it reads Fourth here! If this seems confusing, you should watch me work!

Re: Fourth Contrarian

That's wild stuff, Richard - Has to be one of the most playful pieces I've ever heard from you. Is this written with an organ duet in mind? It's four handed, isn't it?

I always enjoy being in touch with your fertile imagination through your posts - Thanks, Richard.

Randy

Well, no, two hands can manage it. Fingering is tricky, and lots of finger susbstitution is required. The pedal part is scored for two notes much of the time. It also requires substitution. Three feet would be useful, but not essential!
    This is what I would call one of my "Minerva" pieces. It was born full blown as it exploded from my head.

I have more organ works in the wings, one ready to go, the other, rather wild, still slightly nebulous in my head. I have great hopes for it!

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rwayland View Post
    Well, no, two hands can manage it. Fingering is tricky, and lots of finger susbstitution is required. The pedal part is scored for two notes much of the time. It also requires substitution. Three feet would be useful, but not essential!
    This is what I would call one of my "Minerva" pieces. It was born full blown as it exploded from my head.

I have more organ works in the wings, one ready to go, the other, rather wild, still slightly nebulous in my head. I have great hopes for it!

Richard
    Thanks for the info, Richard - It's so far beyond what I'd be able to play, I thought maybe it was for an Octopus to play! - Good to know that three feet aren't essential.

A "Minerva" piece--I like that. It's wonderful when things emerge full grown like that.

I look forward to more organ work - the "rather wild" one already sounds interesting.

Randy

Hi Richard. I enjoyed this piece. A little harmonically static compared to many of your works. One problem - it ended very abruptly - I closed the link and tried again to make sure it wasn't a problem on my end - it still seemed to just stop.
    Trent P. McDonald

Worth to be played at the Notre Dame in Paris (France). Great!!

Raymond

Well, Randy, with some agonizing practice, I might be able to manage a respectable performance, but opportunity and organ are not in my future.

Trent, I think the ending problem is that I forgot to include a few beats of silence at the end. I will remedy it eventually.

Raymond, I would be thrilled if that should happen.

Richard

21 Nov: new mp3 uploaded. same link.

Go Back to forum