• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: best bass these days?

Share/Bookmark

best bass these days?

Forgive the too simple question, but I am preparing to update my bass sounds. What do people recommend? I need a broad range of sounds (electric, acoustic, etc).

Thx!

Re: best bass these days?

I second that

Hans I always have trouble clicking your link because its very hard to stop checking out your track and time flys by you have a very clean sound and nice vids to go with it.

The best bass ? well there is none simply because of the amount of things you can do with your VST these days with the tweaking and sound design.

in saying that I have been using and feeling more at home with the synth bass collection in Omni, Omni offers a wide range of basses for that deffirent type of sound and music, once more with a limitless range of sound design and tweaks and a smack bang sound quality to go with it, but if your just looking for electric or acustic then perhaps trill...........

Quote Originally Posted by dsilvercoin View Post
    Forgive the too simple question, but I am preparing to update my bass sounds. What do people recommend? I need a broad range of sounds (electric, acoustic, etc).

Thx!
    I third that. One word Trilian

Thank you Nova! Glad you are enjoying my stuff!
    If you look at the sheer number of tracks thatireleased in the last 3 years its a living proof of how inspiring the Spectrasonics instruments are. All it takes is acouple of minutes of noodling with one of the patches and boooom there is a new idea!
    Most of the time i use Omnisphere but loading Trilian patches into it. That gives me the best of both worlds. Great bass samples and the full blown Steam engine to tweak and mangle them!

It is a Hans sound and is very distinctive, and luv the way its masterd or the last mix its very clean, clarity,

Not sure if I will end up with trilian but it is clear that its one of the top bass aplications out there and would recommend it, I think I will be satisfied with the way people use it (trill) but im kind of wondering what spectrasonics are up to these days there work does seem to be future proof.

Thanks all. i was thinking trillion was the way to go, but just wanted to hear from some others. Maybe I should get it with Omnisphere as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dsilvercoin View Post
    Thanks all. i was thinking trillion was the way to go, but just wanted to hear from some others. Maybe I should get it with Omnisphere as well.
    I can only say one thing. YES no dought about it.

Go Back to forum