• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Dan Dean GIGA Strings and Bass - for FREE!!

Share/Bookmark

Dan Dean GIGA Strings and Bass - for FREE!!

This is no Joke. Actual (not demo) sounds from the retail libraries.
    http://www.nemesysmusic.com/news/PromoLibs.html

Follow the link to get a download code for a FREE, beautiful Dan Dean instrument sent to you, no questions asked!! (except where to send the download code)
    Optionally, if you happen to be a registered GIGA customer, you get a second sound download FREE, or you can also get the second sound free by a referral from a friend.

ENJOY the magic of Dan Dean Strings and Bass!

Re: Dan Dean GIGA Strings and Bass - for FREE!!

Darnit, I just paid $120 for the Dan Dean Solo strings, and now they are selling it for $99! Oh well.

Cool! Free is always cool (thank you Worra).
    My review? The Cello spiccato strikes me as a bit of a teaser. It\'s a good sound but there\'s so *little* of it! Still, it has successfully aroused my interest in that very reasonably priced collection. The fretless bass, on the other hand, is eminently usable, and also a very nice sound. Thanks. Always a pleasure.

For $99, you can\'t go wrong with the solo strings. I love the cello. The violin and viola are OK, but the attacks seem too slow to me.

I agree that for $99 Dan Dean\'s Solo Strings is a steal. I paid $150 and am still very happy. The samples are beautiful. The only problem I have, like Jamieh, is that the viola and violin attacks are a little to slow for a lot of my stuff. I\'ve used the GS editor to create a faster attack on the violin but I don\'t know how to add it as a keyswitch so I\'ve been kind of stuck. I still want the slower attack violin because it is very useful for a lot of stuff as well. Anyway, it\'s a great set of samples.

The slow attack issue seems to be a common issue in many libraries. It seems the only fast attacks are for staccato/marcato type samples. It would be nice to have the longer samples to have both fast and slow attacks and then maybe use a controller to switch between the two. This could be carried out further with a slow/fast/fast with hard attacks.

Also, it would be nice if all libraries had one looped set of samples for those longer notes that may be 10-20 seconds long that are common in many classical works.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Haydn:
    The slow attack issue seems to be a common issue in many libraries. It seems the only fast attacks are for staccato/marcato type samples. It would be nice to have the longer samples to have both fast and slow attacks and then maybe use a controller to switch between the two. This could be carried out further with a slow/fast/fast with hard attacks.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My new DD Solo Woodwinds have this very feature you describe.

DD

[This message has been edited by dandean (edited 02-16-2001).]

[This message has been edited by dandean (edited 02-16-2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Haydn:

Also, it would be nice if all libraries had one looped set of samples for those longer notes that may be 10-20 seconds long that are common in many classical works.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, Dan! I\'m currently saving for your woodwinds!! I have your Solo Strings and they sound great. Have you thought about doing an update to your solo strings incorporating the new feature your using in the woodwinds?

Thanks, Dan! I\'m currently saving for your woodwinds!! I have your Solo Strings and they sound great. Have you thought about doing an update to your solo strings incorporating the new feature your using in the woodwinds?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi,
    Yes I have strongly considered that scenario. There will be an upgrade eventually for the Solo Strings with the amazing programming found in the Solo Woodwinds. I\'ll recut all of the instruments in multiple layers and proceed that way. There\'s a lot on my plate right now, finishing up the WW\'s and recording the Solo Brass. There will be another yet undisclosed project after the brass which will take place late Spring/early Summer. After that, I\'ll take a look at the Solo Strings upgrade. It might not be immediate, but I\'ll be getting to it.

I have been doing the final QC on the WW\'s and counted 53 presets in the flute. I believe there will be something for about anybody!

More later and thanks for supporting my products,
    DD

Go Back to forum