• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Samplitude Keeps Crashing

Share/Bookmark

Samplitude Keeps Crashing

We are using samplitude 11 pro. we just purchased GPO4 , got it loaded and are using strings, flute, steinway piano duo 1. Samplitude crashes after five minutes of use. what are we doing wrong.

Re: Samplitude Keeps Crashing

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Have you seen this YouTube tute? Demos using GPO4 in Samplitude 11. Hopefully there's help info there for you.

Randy
    Thank you for that. Yes I saw that video, I'll have to review it again. There has got to be something I did wrong in the set up process

Quote Originally Posted by jigsinc View Post
    Thank you for that. Yes I saw that video, I'll have to review it again. There has got to be something I did wrong in the set up process
    I only briefly perused the video - it's focusing on the basics of using GPO, with basically the same info that works in any recording program. 16 Audio channels coming out of Aria that need 16 associated Audio tracks in the recording software - Etc. It seems to just skim past the more basic set up info.

Hmmm, well, hope things work out. Do keep us posted, please.

Randy

Regardless of Aria's routing, Samplitude shouldn't be crashing.

Is it exclusive to GPO4? Have you tried any other VSTs?
    What are the steps to make it crash?
    System specs?
    Any error messages from Aria or Samplitude?
    Audio driver settings?
    Interface being used?

The VST's that come with samplitude don't crash , not once... But this continues to happen with GPO4 and the jazz VST's I have been recording an audio book so I haven't needed instrumentation till now, again last night. I could not make two minutes of recording a string part.
    1. the processor is a duel core AMD 2812 mhz
    2. Realtech HD audio card
    3. XP Pro 32 bit OS
    4. M-Box audio interface USB
    5. Midisport uno Midi interface USB
    6. No error messages , it just freezes
    7. Audio Buffer settings 256 and I have changed it to every configuration
    8. VIP buffer settings are 512
    Someone with any help is greatly appreciated. I don't want to wish I hadn't purchased the two VST's !!!

I am a newbie but I can usually figure problems out , but this one has got me !

The VST's that come with samplitude don't crash , not once... But this continues to happen with GPO4 and the jazz VST's I have been recording an audio book so I haven't needed instrumentation till now, again last night. I could not make two minutes of recording a string part.
    1. the processor is a duel core AMD 2812 mhz
    2. Realtech HD audio card
    3. XP Pro 32 bit OS
    4. M-Box audio interface USB
    5. Midisport uno Midi interface USB
    6. No error messages , it just freezes
    7. Audio Buffer settings 256 and I have changed it to every configuration
    8. VIP buffer settings are 512
    Someone with any help is greatly appreciated. I don't want to wish I hadn't purchased the two VST's !!!

I am a newbie but I can usually figure problems out , but this one has got me !
    Hi Jig.

Im not sure what your problem is. You need to try ARIA with ANOTHER program to locate if the problem is with Samplitude. Try the demo version of Reaper, Mulab or another free host.

About Samplitude: I have a lite version of it but my "Buffer VIP" value is 4096, a very high value compared with your 512. This value is the default one, and im using an M-Audio Fastrack Ultra with a 128 Audio Buffer.
    You could try that value, in case it was changed accidentally.

Another option can be to try the "ASIO4All" drivers, to know if it´s related to the ASIO driver. They can be downloaded for free, google them, and are an alternative to your standard ASIO drivers.

Another option is to use the MME drivers or MDL drivers. You can choose them in the setting window of Samplitude.

With the MME drivers you cant hear your keayboard playing in realtime, but after record, you can hear it without problem. I would try this option for a quick fix.

Well, hope some of this helps.
    Marcelo Colina

Realtech HD audio card
    M-Box audio interface USB
    Midisport uno Midi interface USB...
    Marce has done an excellent job of trouble-shooting for you. Something that looks wrong to me is that you have so many interfaces - You don't need the motherboard's audio card. You've replaced that with the M-Box. I would suggest totally disabling your Realtech card - it's not needed for audio production work, in fact, it can't handle it.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by marce View Post
    Hi Jig.

Im not sure what your problem is. You need to try ARIA with ANOTHER program to locate if the problem is with Samplitude. Try the demo version of Reaper, Mulab or another free host.

About Samplitude: I have a lite version of it but my "Buffer VIP" value is 4096, a very high value compared with your 512. This value is the default one, and im using an M-Audio Fastrack Ultra with a 128 Audio Buffer.
    You could try that value, in case it was changed accidentally.

Another option can be to try the "ASIO4All" drivers, to know if it´s related to the ASIO driver. They can be downloaded for free, google them, and are an alternative to your standard ASIO drivers.

Another option is to use the MME drivers or MDL drivers. You can choose them in the setting window of Samplitude.

With the MME drivers you cant hear your keayboard playing in realtime, but after record, you can hear it without problem. I would try this option for a quick fix.

Well, hope some of this helps.

I will try all suggestions. Thank you for your input. I'm hoping the system is not a little too small for what I'm doing, until I can learn more about the recording. I did record a cd and release it, using all samplitude VST's with no problems...

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Marce has done an excellent job of trouble-shooting for you. Something that looks wrong to me is that you have so many interfaces - You don't need the motherboard's audio card. You've replaced that with the M-Box. I would suggest totally disabling your Realtech card - it's not needed for audio production work, in fact, it can't handle it.

Randy
    And Thank you Randy for your input, I will keep you posted, although, one interface HD card is for overall audio play back and the M-Box inter face is for audio record and poor quality playback...I use two different sets of drivers. asio 4all for midi record and playback and didgidesign drivers for the audio recor and playback. maybe I'm configured wrong but thats the only way it all works.

If I'm able to record without a crash, it all plays back wonderful and the sound is incredible... I don't know, I'll keep messing with it
    Steve

Go Back to forum