• Register
  • Help

Topic: Using Guitar Pro 6 with GPO4

Share/Bookmark

Using Guitar Pro 6 with GPO4

I just bought GPO4 so that I can make some better sounding concepts for school. What I do basically is write ambient music for video games. I use Guitar Pro which is basically a midi editor that can play back with more realistic sounds. What I want to do is import midi files that I made in Guitar Pro and further edit them (assign instruments, etc) in ARIA.

The reason I'm so attached to Guitar pro is because I can compose in standard notation and guitar tab at the same time. Quite wonderful, actually, and I really HATE the composition tools in programs like reason and fl studio with that piano roll nonsense.

I'm TOTALLY new to GPO4 so be descriptive.

Re: Using Guitar Pro 6 with GPO4

Quote Originally Posted by gutzsy View Post
    I just bought GPO4 so that I can make some better sounding concepts for school. What I do basically is write ambient music for video games. I use Guitar Pro which is basically a midi editor that can play back with more realistic sounds. What I want to do is import midi files that I made in Guitar Pro and further edit them (assign instruments, etc) in ARIA.

The reason I'm so attached to Guitar pro is because I can compose in standard notation and guitar tab at the same time. Quite wonderful, actually, and I really HATE the composition tools in programs like reason and fl studio with that piano roll nonsense.

I'm TOTALLY new to GPO4 so be descriptive.
    Open the ARIA Player. In the lower left corner, click the "Load" button. (Looks like the universal "Eject" button everyone knows.) Browse to the MIDI file you produced from Guitar Pro.

Load your desired instruments in the slots above. Press the "Play" button in the lower left. If everything is right, the MIDI should playback through the GPO instruments. If you want to render this to a WAV file, press the "Load" button in the lower right, name the WAV file and where you want to save it, then press OK.

For more details, the ARIA Player manual should have installed along with GPO4; locate the shortcut to it in the "Garritan ARIA Player" start menu folder. P. 36 will give more details on using ARIA as a standalone player.

Consider something like Finale PrintMusic as you can route traditional music notation as you see it right into GPO4, all in real time with Finale's "human playback" tech (i.e., it doesn't sound robotic). PrintMusic also lets you use guitar tabs on top of it all.

Go Back to forum