• Register
  • Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Topic: Any ideas on how to make GPO4 strings sound better, using ARIA player?

Share/Bookmark

Re: Any ideas on how to make GPO4 strings sound better, using ARIA player?

It can get over complicated, but doesn't need to be. Regarding the aria player, sustaining instruments like strings, brass, woods, all response to cc#1 AND velocity. Velocity controls the initial attack strength of the note, and cc#1 controls the timbre.

If you were using a DAW you would then add expression and volume data as well - not so easy to do in Finale.

I had to create many bespoke midi triggers in Finale to use on the score to control elements like 'release' (very important) etc.

My finale scores don't look clean as they were designed for good playback - not good notation neatness.

In a DAW you just draw envelopes - much easier.
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Re: Any ideas on how to make GPO4 strings sound better, using ARIA player?

What a good thread!--I discovered it by following a link on another Forum thread. You guys have a lot of good, helpful advice on here, good goin.'

And it's hard to believe, but after being a Garritan Forum member for some years now, I have NEVER been to this particular Strings Forum--! I always assumed it was for the old Garritan Strings library which hasn't been available since before I joined up. Well, I can see a lot of other people don't know about this Forum either, considering this is the only thread that shows up from the last month.

Thanks for the good read, my friends.

Randy

Go Back to forum