• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO4 and ARIA player: maximizing the sound libraries' effectiveness

Share/Bookmark

GPO4 and ARIA player: maximizing the sound libraries' effectiveness

I am curious about all the various controls in the ARIA player. It looks endless, and in my experiments (misguided), I have seen the timbre, and various effects change for any instrument I choose.

I have written a similar post specific to the violin.

Is there a place where on can learn how to intelligently alter each of the many controls in the ARIA player, once an instrument is chosen? Just guessing this-that, trial-error is mostly error.

I know the instruments are set at an intelligent default. But once used in ensemble, the quality of the actual sound is altered by the other instruments, the textures, dynamics - all manner of things. It would be nice to know what I might be looking for, when I go to the various control, mixer options.

peace
    Sylvester Wager

Re: GPO4 and ARIA player: maximizing the sound libraries' effectiveness

Quote Originally Posted by composerland View Post
    I am curious about all the various controls in the ARIA player. It looks endless, and in my experiments (misguided), I have seen the timbre, and various effects change for any instrument I choose.

I have written a similar post specific to the violin.

Is there a place where on can learn how to intelligently alter each of the many controls in the ARIA player, once an instrument is chosen? Just guessing this-that, trial-error is mostly error.

I know the instruments are set at an intelligent default. But once used in ensemble, the quality of the actual sound is altered by the other instruments, the textures, dynamics - all manner of things. It would be nice to know what I might be looking for, when I go to the various control, mixer options.

peace
    Sylvester Wager
    Hello, Sylvester

It's of course a huge topic you've brought up -It's in fact The Topic of using GPO.

The specific information you're looking for is covered in detail in the user manual. That's a PDF manual found in the GPO folder at Progam Files>Garritan>Personal Orchestra. If you're on a 64 bit machine, notice all the Garritan folders go to Program Files, not Program Files (x86).

Randy

Go Back to forum