• Register
  • Help

Topic: QL Brass Articulations?

Share/Bookmark

QL Brass Articulations?

I am considering buying Quantum Leap Brass and was wondering whether anybody who has it could tell me if the library contains trills and other articulations or just straight forward attacks, sustains and crescendos.

Thank you.

Re: QL Brass Articulations?

no trills (except saxes). lots of sforzando, a few bends, lots of falls and trumpet fx. some french horn fx( rips and bends). Basically alot of pop fx, but not too many orchestral fx.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nick Phoenix:
    no trills (except saxes). lots of sforzando, a few bends, lots of falls and trumpet fx. some french horn fx( rips and bends). Basically alot of pop fx, but not too many orchestral fx.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Nick. Nice to get answer straight from the source. I\'ll get the library anyway. Is there a suppplement on the horizon? Orchestral fx? Solo french horn?

[This message has been edited by Aaron Symonds (edited 02-23-2001).]

Quantum Leap Brass 2 is coming. I might be done by summer, but it could be fall or winter 2001. Yes there will be solo french horn. By the way, the Alpenhorn on my new cd \"Rare Instruments\" is an unbelievably beautiful patch. It sounds a bit like a large french horn, mellow but growly. It was recorded in a canyon at 3 am.

Hi Mr Phoenix
    Could you tell us what´s new in QL 2?
    Thanks
    Jose Pereira

5 cds of bright trumpets!!! Actually I have already experimented with some blaring loud pop trumpets, but its not quite there yet. But there will be awesome bright sustained trumpets in QL Brass 2. I think I figured out how to do it properly. There will also be solo french horn. Everything else is a secret.

Hey Nick can you do two Solo Horn Patches?

I know it might be sample gloat, but Having to REALLY good Horns that are around the same quality/range might be great for building an ensemble, and will allow for some unity note playing

anyways..when are we gonna see/hear Rare Instruments?

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

Go Back to forum