• Register
  • Help

Topic: Please give me an update...

Share/Bookmark

Please give me an update...

Howdy all. Had illness in the family, been out of this for a good while. I have GPO v.1.1.8.3 - I tried looking for updates and couldn't even log on - it's been years so a lot must have changed. Also using Sibelius 2, and a Edirol pcr-m1.
    So if I have to start over because none of this is supported can you give an education on what I should do to start over - what's working well, what has issues etc. Don't play well so I write from notation software - the pcr -m1 should be fine for this. Nor do I perform.
    Hope I've given enough info to help you help me.
    Thanks so much.

Re: Please give me an update...

Quote Originally Posted by bnlsrv View Post
    Howdy all. Had illness in the family, been out of this for a good while. I have GPO v.1.1.8.3 - I tried looking for updates and couldn't even log on - it's been years so a lot must have changed. Also using Sibelius 2, and a Edirol pcr-m1.
    So if I have to start over because none of this is supported can you give an education on what I should do to start over - what's working well, what has issues etc. Don't play well so I write from notation software - the pcr -m1 should be fine for this. Nor do I perform.
    Hope I've given enough info to help you help me.
    Thanks so much.
    Well then, welcome back, "bnslrv"--!

Yes, you are quite a bit behind the times. GPO is now on version 4. The major development is that Gary Garritan partnered with Plogue to develop his version of the Aria sample player which replaces the connection with Native Instruments and their Kontakt Player.

All of the Garritan Libraries had to be re-programmed so they could be ported into this new Aria player. That means that previous versions of GPO aren't compatible.

As well as porting the Garritan Libraries into Aria, many significant improvements were also included with the update, such as the inclusion of outstanding brass samples from the SAM Libraries.

What you need to do is go to the Garritan business site:

GARRITAN

Look around there - You may qualify for a low cost upgrade. Use the contact form there to reach the tech help, and they'll help you get set up.

Randy

Go Back to forum