• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Baroque instrument libraries in the works?

Share/Bookmark

Baroque instrument libraries in the works?

Is anybody working on sample libraries of authentic baroque instruments - oboe d\'amore, viola da gamba, baroque strings, that sort of thing? I guess the audience for a library like that would be small - maybe just me! - but I just can\'t stand the idea of doing Bach or Purcell or Handel etc. with libraries like AO. Yuuk!
    I know there are a few ancient instrument sounds out there - I have Early Patches, and I really like it - but it\'s meant for renaissance and medieval, not baroque.

Re: Baroque instrument libraries in the works?

I would be very interested in such a library as well.

Josh

Hello,

you find on the Xsamples also some authentic tunings.

Georg

Post Audio Media has released a Harpsichord CD for Gigasampler. It contains one Flemish and one French harpsichord that are covered in all their voicings including true \"release\" samples and even special voicings such as the \"Lute\" settings.

Post Audio Media is also working on a new CD in this serie that will contain spinets.

Post Harpsichord are sold through Bigga Giggas, www.biggagiggas.com

Hello,

Oboe d\'amore, Spinet and Clavichord are available on Xsample Vol. 7.

Ciao,

Hans-JOsef

No strings but:

A true Gottfried Silbermann-Organ near Dresden from 1746. A beautiful instrument, (halftones, release samples, every (!) stop and useful combinations) and ideal for any chamber music.

Peter Ewers

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PE:
    No strings but:

A true Gottfried Silbermann-Organ near Dresden from 1746. A beautiful instrument, (halftones, release samples, every (!) stop and useful combinations) and ideal for any chamber music.

Peter Ewers
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Fantastic,how does one get this? I studied in N. Germany what about the fantstic Schnitger organs? Any more French samples,i.e. Flute harmonique,voix celeste etc.?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PE:
    No strings but:

Peter Ewers
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Fantastic,how does one get these? I studied in N. Germany what about the beautiful Schnitger organs? Any more French samples,i.e. Flute harmonique,voix celeste etc.?

I would also be very interested in early instruments, such as a consort of viols (Gamben), baroque flutes, recorders, etc.

I would rather see an entire CD (or DVD) dedicated to one or two well done instruments
    than to have lots of smaller, poorly done instruments though.

--
    Allan

Hi guys!
    I would also be inrerested in some baroque instruments you\'ve mentioned.
    But not only baroque. Has anyone seen (heard) a sample of a cornet. Berlioz used it f.i. in Symphonie Fantastique. I tried to immitate it with equed trumpet but result was not satisfying. Well, cornet is not a trumpet...
    If you know about one, please let me know.
    Ondrej

Go Back to forum