• Register
  • Help

Topic: Polka Dots for Flute, Violin, and Piano (Sirulnikoff)

Share/Bookmark

Polka Dots for Flute, Violin, and Piano (Sirulnikoff)

Hi All,

This piece is an arrangement of a light-hearted work originally written for orchestra.

All parts are GPO4, except for the glissandi which use Kontakt Player 2 and GPO3. For some reason, my download of GPO4 didn't include the provision to expand the Pitchbend range.
    I still have the original download zip files, as well as the file to update Aria to v1.111. If someone has any suggestions as to how I can get 'def' to show up on Aria, I would appreciate it.

Polka Dots

I hope you enjoy it.

Best Regards,

Jack

Re: Polka Dots for Flute, Violin, and Piano (Sirulnikoff)

Quote Originally Posted by jacksiru View Post
    Hi All,

This piece is an arrangement of a light-hearted work originally written for orchestra.

All parts are GPO4, except for the glissandi which use Kontakt Player 2 and GPO3. For some reason, my download of GPO4 didn't include the provision to expand the Pitchbend range.
    I still have the original download zip files, as well as the file to update Aria to v1.111. If someone has any suggestions as to how I can get 'def' to show up on Aria, I would appreciate it...
    Hi, Jack! That is - may I please use the word we hear maybe too much here, but it's so appropriate at times like this--"delightful"--? It really is. Really nice developments throughout the playful romp, and I enjoyed every minute of it. A bit distant sounding, but what a would a reply from me be without reference to what I find to be too much reverb?--I'd love to hear it less reverberant and distant sounding.

Now, as for your problem of not getting the pitch bend control to show up in Aria --I thought we fixed this already--or am I thinking of someone else with the same problem? The Aria engine as well as the Player have to be both up to date - 1.111. The obscurely named "def" controls should be there. Look again at both the Plogue site and the Garritan site for downloads - You should be able to shift any instrument you want a full octave in either direction.

Really fun music - Thanks fort!

Randy

Very nice - I like the way it develops into the slower violin section - I think that's my favourite part.

The whole piece has a hint of rag time, or like a variation on a rag. Interesting twists and turns throughout...

I especially like how you rendered the violins, well done.
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

This piece is quite charming. I like the feel and movement of the work. As Randy said,
    --"delightful"--? It really is. Really nice developments throughout the playful romp, and I enjoyed every minute of it.
    I couldn't have put it any better. Thank you for giving me a wonderful morning listen today. If this piece doesn't thaw you out and warm your heart, then a "Bah, Humbug to you! Mr. Marley".
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Hi Randy, Graham, and Rich,

Thanks for listening, and for your kind comments.

Jack

Go Back to forum