• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Official MakeMusic and Garritan Announcement

Share/Bookmark

Official MakeMusic and Garritan Announcement

Dear friends,

Today MakeMusic announced that we've signed an agreement under which MakeMusic will acquire Garritan Corporation. This is certainly exciting news! And it happens to coincide with our ten year anniversary!

Press Release here --> http://makemusic.com/Pressroom/Default.aspx?pid=529
    and here --> http://finance.yahoo.com/news/makemu...140000229.html

As indicated in the press release, I am joining MakeMusic as their new Director of Instrumental Sciences. This is a very positive development and I'll still be here as part of the MakeMusic family.

My goal has always been to pioneer sound innovation and to foster and enhance musical creativity for every musician. While I am extremely proud of how far our business has come, I know that with MakeMusic's resources, we can inspire musicians in new and better ways than ever before. MakeMusic is a top-notch company that is number one in notation technology, with a talented team, a history of success, a passion for excellence, and a very bright future.

My new role at MakeMusic offers me an opportunity to focus on what I love best - networking, exploration, research and innovation. The atmosphere at MakeMusic today is highly-charged with forward-looking energy and creativity and it's going to be a very exciting time for all of us in the music industry.

Rest assured that this is just a new beginning for Garritan products. I have many new initiatives in the pipeline. I'd like to thank you for your past support and look forward to sharing the next exciting chapter with you.

Best wishes,

Gary Garritan
    CEO and founder
    Garritan Corporation

Re: Official MakeMusic and Garritan Announcement

Congratulations Gary. Hope to see some great new products soon. Hopefully this forum will start hopping again...
    Trent P. McDonald

I think this is great news and congratulations Gary for putting it together. We all look forward to the future with you in excited anticipation.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Well, I do hope that none of the Garritan team has not lost jobs as a result of the move to Make Music.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rwayland View Post
    Well, I do hope that none of the Garritan team has not lost jobs as a result of the move to Make Music.
    Richard
    That did not happen. Everyone currently on the team will remain. Except Tom Hopkins, who retired last summer and simply cannot be coaxed out of retirement.

If it is the best for Garritan Corp., congratulations. If it fulfils your longtime wishes, the more. Let's wait for some really exciting announcements at NAMM, to be followed by commercial releases of the new products. I only have a one-time budget for anything new in this field.........

Raymond

Wow, this is quite the announcement! I've been a fan of Garritan and Finale for years, so I hope my fan-dom will be intensified now that it does not have to be spread across two companies! Best of luck, and I am looking forward to seeing what comes of this new arrangement!
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

Very exciting! Congratulations Gary, I wish you much success!

Jim

Does this pretty much spell doom for continued support/integration of Garritan instruments in Sibelius?

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Fellmy View Post
    Does this pretty much spell doom for continued support/integration of Garritan instruments in Sibelius?

Yes, Totally.
    Everyone who uses Sibelius is now screwed, for ever.

oh come on, do you REALLY think Finale would miss an opportunity to say "hey, 'best software program'... nice to see YOU guys come to us for handouts".

Sibelius has spent so many years bashing Finale as (a LARGE) part of its advertising, I'm HAPPY that Finale will finally get to give some of that back.

And knowing the way MakeMusic function they will do it with grace and with class, exactly as they have acted ever since Sibelius came on to the market, boasting about how much better it was than Finale.

Finale has NEVER stopped to that level.

Go Back to forum