• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Rock Guitar And Bass Samples Wanted!

Share/Bookmark

Rock Guitar And Bass Samples Wanted!

Hi, I\'m attempting to get that classic 4 piece rock band sound going with GigaStudio. Rock guitar, bass, drums, keybaord. Drums and keyboards are no problem, but I\'ve yet to hear some really good guitar and bass sounds. (I\'m currently researching Giga Bass, any comments on that one?) I\'m looking for some good lead and rythm guitars, individual note strumming for chords, chug sounds, etc. If you have any recommendations please give me pricing and links. Thanks for your help!

Re: Rock Guitar And Bass Samples Wanted!

hi have akai format samples cd of guitars and bass...I like them very much!

Sonic Implants has recently begun releasing Gigasampler instruments.

In most cases you can listen to a demo of an individual instrument and download it individually for prices between $15 and $25.

There\'s a $25 Paul Smith Power Rock Guitar demo on this page which sounds like it\'ll do what you\'re after:
    http://www.sonicimplants.com/sonicgiga/gigasamplerguitarbass.htm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pcarrilho:
    hi have akai format samples cd of guitars and bass...I like them very much!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi, thanks for the reply!
    1) Did you have to do anything other then run them through the conversion utility to make them playable?

2) Could you point me to where they are available so I can research them?

Thanks for your help!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chadwick:
    Sonic Implants has recently begun releasing Gigasampler instruments.

In most cases you can listen to a demo of an individual instrument and download it individually for prices between $15 and $25.

There\'s a $25 Paul Smith Power Rock Guitar demo on this page which sounds like it\'ll do what you\'re after:
    http://www.sonicimplants.com/sonicgiga/gigasamplerguitarbass.htm
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks! I just checked a few of their samples out, sounds very nice so far!! Thanks for the info, this looks like it may be what I\'m looking for!!! Take Care.

Sonic Implants has been promising downloadable guitar sounds for months now but it still says \"available soon\". How long is soon? The demos sound good but I don\'t want all of the instruments contained on the CD. I only want a select few. Peace.

I called them on Friday. Their .GIG versions are being burned on CD as we speak. They said they took the original source and re-did them for their .GIG format, resulting in even better sound quality than the other formats. They hope to be shipping within the next 2 weeks.

Well, that\'s nice, I got the Guitar and bass collection for Christmas which has absolutely no documentation. There are good sounds here but I have heard nothing since about a gig update. They told me I was one of their first customers for this library on gig. And then said I would get a great update within the month of December. I guess we will see what happens. Overall, nice acoustic bass and Guild guitar, probably worth the price.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Punda:
    Well, that\'s nice, I got the Guitar and bass collection for Christmas which has absolutely no documentation.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I assume it\'s for the most part identical to the .gig formats so, could you please let me know if you feel there is some good sounds for doing rock music? I am looking for good rock chords, strums, rythm chugs, etc. How do you feel about the heavy rock bass included? A small review would be appreciated. Thanks.

To me, The best sounds on this library are the upright bass and the guild guitar. The other basses are ok. I believe there is a Fender Jazz bass that is nice. There are some Les Paul chugs. Overall for the money you can\'t go wrong. You are bound to find useful powerchord material here. Lead wise you might want to check out quantum leap. There is a nice acoustic seletion in the soundfont library but it does not use key switching to change chord quality as in Acoustic Essentials. For what you are planning to do I don\'t think there is a strong enough rock bass sound here but that is just my opinion. Like I said, for the money you can\'t go wrong as there is alot of material here.

Go Back to forum