• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: IO Quick Run Through

Share/Bookmark

IO Quick Run Through

This is a quick run through of each folder. It really doesn't touch the amount of patches and presets available, nor the possibilities

Youtube compression is sorta lame so sorry for the clip once in while. I did not put much thought into playing. I was trying to cover as much ground as possible. Seems 8 minutes is still not enough to get all the types of patches, sounds, and, possibilities.

Hope this clears some confusion.. The only thing to really notice is with blending textures and multis the only controller used is the mod wheel to morph between sounds.

Robert Davis

Re: IO Quick Run Through

Sounds absolutely class. Great job.

Hitting buy...
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Just spent the entire afternoon going through all the available patches and ensembles within Instant Orchestra. To anybody still deciding on whether to get this or not, don't hesitate, get it NOW. You won't regret it... and at $150 you really can't go wrong. I own GPO4 as well and IO is definitely its 'companion'. I had the cash to purchase an East West sample library but decided to get the IO library instead.

I am blown away by the Ensembles... they couldn't have said it better, it really is 'instant gratification'. Its very inspiring to know that I can come up with a piece of music relatively quickly now and spend more time creating music rather than tweaking it. A big thank you to the Garritan team! I will continue to support your company for as long as you guys continue churning out great products such as these!

Quote Originally Posted by anp27 View Post
    Just spent the entire afternoon going through all the available patches and ensembles within Instant Orchestra. To anybody still deciding on whether to get this or not, don't hesitate, get it NOW. You won't regret it... and at $150 you really can't go wrong. I own GPO4 as well and IO is definitely its 'companion'. I had the cash to purchase an East West sample library but decided to get the IO library instead.

I am blown away by the Ensembles... they couldn't have said it better, it really is 'instant gratification'. Its very inspiring to know that I can come up with a piece of music relatively quickly now and spend more time creating music rather than tweaking it. A big thank you to the Garritan team! I will continue to support your company for as long as you guys continue churning out great products such as these!
    It's wonderful to read such great comments! We're very happy to hear that you are enjoying GIO!

Aha!....automation of the controls....that's why these sound so great out of the box (compared to my feeble attempts with GPO).
    EDIT: I just realized what I'm seeing could be Robert using a controller off-screen?

Quote Originally Posted by GRB53 View Post
    Aha!....automation of the controls....that's why these sound so great out of the box (compared to my feeble attempts with GPO).
    EDIT: I just realized what I'm seeing could be Robert using a controller off-screen?
    Actually most of it is pretty straight forward and easy

With ensemble presets you can crossfade between many layers. Near the end I loaded mostly ensemble multis and used cc1 mod wheel or in my case cc11(expression is tied to the same function to give you two hands free). This enables you to fade layers in and out. You can go from soft small string sections to full out orchestra with just playing and use of that control alone

The entire first demo on the web page uses only ensemble presets played straight to wav file. Randy has a demo as well using ensemble presets on the page.
    Robert Davis

Quote Originally Posted by anp27 View Post

Yes the ensembles really make this shine! They are very fun to play and extremely fun to make Anyone can make them if they take a small amount of time to learn the controls. Lots of user control.

Like Chad said, it is great to see this kind of response
    Robert Davis

Thanks, Robert. Very interesting video.

On most of them one could see how you were inputting notes, as one saw them on the little keyboard at the bottom of the Aria screen. Most of the time one could see one, two, three, or four notes pressed simultaneously. But one heard more than that amount of notes. So I am still trying to figure this out. For instance, when you pressed down two notes simultaneously, does the program deduce from those two notes (within the context) what the fuill chord should be, and then orchestrates and voices that chord in the ensemble chosen. (Sometimes it looked like you only pressed down one note though. How could it figure out the chord from that?)

Thank you.

Go Back to forum