• Register
  • Help

Topic: Now THIS has got me back on the forum!

Share/Bookmark

Now THIS has got me back on the forum!

Hi,
    Way back in the years 2003-2008, I was very active on this forum and submitted songs I orchestrated and realised with GPO and JABB for several Garritan Christmas Albums (I Saw Three Ships Medley (2007), Ding Dong Jazzily On High (2006), to name just two).

Unfortunately, my mother-in-law (aged 92 now) had a nasty fall in 07, and since then my life, and my wife's - has been taken up by basically three things only - working, looking after two very elderly mothers (mine is 89), and sleeping. No time for computer music - no composing - no forum - no fun. (sob)...

*Then* I get a newsletter from Gary yesterday mentioning IO and after hearing the demos I just HAVE to get back here on this forum because I can see that this looks like a really useful tool - and lots of FUN too.

So, decision made - I'm going to download it straight away and try to sneak the odd hour or two away from looking after the mothers, to have a play on it. Yeehee!

Just one question - the order page mentions a promo code - where can I find such a code, and can I use it to obtain a discount?

Hi to Gary, Dan, Randy and lots of names on here I recognise from the past - sorry I've been out of the loop for so long!

Jon

Re: Now THIS has got me back on the forum!

THERE he is--HI, Jon! Simply superb to see you here again. --People were saying that new Libraries would get people back into the Forum--guess they were right!

Wise decision, to carve out some time for you to make music, and dig into Instant Orchestra. That's the spirit!

The promo code box at the site is a permanent fixture there, in the event of codes being available. With this Library having been just released, there aren't any coupons - none I know of anyway.

Stick around!

Randy

Well Hi Randy - thanks for your stunningly fast reply and for your warm greeting. (Love your demos BTW!!)

I guess if there's no promo code available there's no point in delaying - especially since I have my debit card in my hand right now ... !!

All the best
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by jonray View Post
    Well Hi Randy - thanks for your stunningly fast reply and for your warm greeting. (Love your demos BTW!!)

I guess if there's no promo code available there's no point in delaying - especially since I have my debit card in my hand right now ... !!

All the best
    Jon
    Right on, Jon--Go for it!
    R

Screen says 38 mins left, off for a mulled wine......

What a nice Christmas present to see you here again.
    I am sorry to hear about your two Moms, but it sounds like your
    dedication to their best care is nothing but first class all the way.
    I missed your music on the Christmas CD the last couple of years!

Merry Christmas Jon!

Jon, sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. It seems that we were both in similar situations. For me it was my dad. So I've been gone from here for a while and also came back to find out more info after hearing about IO.

I'm also thinking that I'm just going to go for it. I've seen a few confusing descriptions of what this library is about, but there have also been some good comments and also Robert's run through video on youtube which was very helpful:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRXLQ7rhEtg

I was really debating about the other similar (?) libraries and thinking whether I could honestly justify the cost. [At this point and for the moment I cannot.] So I can't tell you how excited I was to find out about IO. Compared to the other options it would seem that IO is quite easily a no brainer!

Hello jonray, Delighted to read your words here. I enquired on these pages a few weeks ago, in September about the 'I saw three ships' arrangement, would love to have a copy of this. The arrangement shows a great talent, hope you find time to enjoy doing more. I live in Whitley Bay, U.K., almost neighbours! Yesterday I actually started (Sonar 6) to play in the start of a skeleton form of what I hear on your arrangement, today I opened that and thought, too late, it will have to be 2012. Then minutes later I saw your words and couldn't reply quickly enough. If you see this in time, I hope you have a Good Christmas and new Year. Thanks for reading. Don. (donmcm@hotmail.co.uk)

Jonray:

I always loved listening to your music. It had a "style" of its own and was very well mixed and produced.

Glad to have you back and anticipate more musical offerings from your special talent. I'm sure you will impress once you become the owner of Instant Orchestra.

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

WOW!
    What a lovley bunch you are, guys! I'm overwhwelmed by the "welcome" and all comments - thank you so much. I've missed the friendship and camarderie here so much.

RANDY - you're a treasure!

DAN - great to here from you - one day I know I'll be able to contribute to the CD again. Enthusiasm is all there - it's only time that's not.

Seq - sorry to hear about your Dad. I never realised before just how draining it is to have to continually care for an elderly loved one. Takes over your whole life!

Donmac - golly, thanks for the comments and interest. Unfortunately I sequenced "Ships" into Cubase so there's no polished score at the moment. I'll email you when I can find a mo. Really nice to hear from you.

Jack - wow, thanks for your kind words - really great to see you still on this fine forum!

IO is now resident on my computer. Now the challenge is to find an hour or two to have a play on it. Can't wait!

Go Back to forum