• Register
  • Help

Topic: Scoring GIO: what i would like to

Share/Bookmark

Scoring GIO: what i would like to

Hi. I have been thinking about the GIO. It is very interesting and really, from the point of view of an amateur musician, i believe you can learn a lot.
    But, suppose you make an orchestration with GIO... it`s cool, but then you need to score it. How? it will become less "Instant".
    So, dont would be cool to have scored all that fx and orchestra articulations? as a PDF or finale file? So, when you use x or y patch, you can reference to x or y pdf file and you can LEARN how it can be orchestrated for a real orchestra.
    Also, since Garritan is now part of Finale, dont would be nice than when you insert a patch with an entire orchestra articulation, Finale would punt in the "paper" it? it would be much more sense than a single note scored.

Hope my explanation be comprensible.

What do you think?
    Marcelo Colina

Re: Scoring GIO: what i would like to

Hi marce,

I had exactly the same idea!

Great to see I'm not the only one thinking that GIO could have a .pdf showing how to orchestrate its presets for a real orchestra, something similar to what one can see in "Tutti", from Sonokinetic, which was one of the reasons that made me bought "Tutti" (BTW, I find odd that no one before has mentioned "Tutti" as a very similar product to GIO, which it really is!).
    In the same way, I'm very interested in GIO and will most probably acquire it, but I would like very much to have a .pdf reference showing how to orchestrate the presets for real orchestra, specially when avant-garde notation is required, as this would help me (and so many others, undoubtedly!) to improve my orchestration skills.

So, 1+ for this idea.

Best regards

Quote Originally Posted by khiun View Post
    Hi marce,

I had exactly the same idea!

Great to see I'm not the only one thinking that GIO could have a .pdf showing how to orchestrate its presets for a real orchestra, something similar to what one can see in "Tutti", from Sonokinetic, which was one of the reasons that made me bought "Tutti" (BTW, I find odd that no one before has mentioned "Tutti" as a very similar product to GIO, which it really is!).
    In the same way, I'm very interested in GIO and will most probably acquire it, but I would like very much to have a .pdf reference showing how to orchestrate the presets for real orchestra, specially when avant-garde notation is required, as this would help me (and so many others, undoubtedly!) to improve my orchestration skills.

So, 1+ for this idea.

Best regards
    Good to know about someone else doing that! Well, the suggestion is there, maybe a wiki or something could be good.

Edit: Very nice that the "tutti" you mentioned shows the score in the same interface!
    Marcelo Colina

Hi marce,

Just bought GIO yesterday, as a self-"Christmas gift" , and what a pleasure to play with! There's only this thing missing for GIO to be perfect... the scored references. So, this idea should definitely go ahead! Would any of the GIO developers (Gary Garritan, Robert Davis et al.) be willing to create a series of .pdf files, a wiki, or something alike with the scored references for real orchestra?

Best regards and a Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah to all!

Go Back to forum