Here are some of my solo violin compositions:

"Capriccio In G"

"Violin Sonata In C#" (Excerpt)

"Violin And Piano Number Five"

Regards to everyone.

Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: Some of my solo violin compositions

Hi, Larry - These energetic semi-classical romps were the perfect thing for me to hear this morning, the happy day after Christmas when seasonal joy still sparkles in the air. Your music fits the mood perfectly. I enjoyed the three pieces equally, each a mini-lesson in the genre of piano/violin composition.

---side note--Is there any way you can post these so we don't have to download? You have a website, but even from there, it looks like downloading is still required because you're not using an MP3 player on the page. This isn't the end of the world, but we do have to do a download, wait a bit, move to another folder if we want to keep a copy.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Hi, Larry - These energetic semi-classical romps were the perfect thing for me to hear this morning, the happy day after Christmas when seasonal joy still sparkles in the air. Your music fits the mood perfectly. I enjoyed the three pieces equally, each a mini-lesson in the genre of piano/violin composition.

---side note--Is there any way you can post these so we don't have to download? You have a website, but even from there, it looks like downloading is still required because you're not using an MP3 player on the page. This isn't the end of the world, but we do have to do a download, wait a bit, move to another folder if we want to keep a copy.

Randy
    My website is set up so that you can "stream" the music without downloading it. It all depends on if you have your web browser and mp3 player configured to accept this function. I use Windows Explorer in conjunction with the Windows Media Player.

Thanks for the good words, my friend and a mirthful New Year to you and Miss Kate!

My best.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Hey There Mr. Larry!

I listened quicky to all three, but have listened to the cariccio several more times now and, wow, I really love it Larry ... nice job! I love the textural/timbral contrast when the piano takes over for a few measures ~2:00 ... just seems to kick the following sections off nicely. Exciting music!

When you wear your classical cap, I often wonder if you were doing this a couple of hundred years ago if the music would have instead been dubbed "Long-beard music" .

Best regards,

Frank

PS: I was ONE strike away (twice!) from PM'g you back in October ... sorry it was not to be this year. What a great two-season run for your Rangers! Maybe in 2012! Yanks didn't even make it to the ALCS this time! .

Quote Originally Posted by Frank D View Post
    Hey There Mr. Larry!

I listened quicky to all three, but have listened to the cariccio several more times now and, wow, I really love it Larry ... nice job! I love the textural/timbral contrast when the piano takes over for a few measures ~2:00 ... just seems to kick the following sections off nicely. Exciting music!

When you wear your classical cap, I often wonder if you were doing this a couple of hundred years ago if the music would have instead been dubbed "Long-beard music" .

Best regards,

Frank

PS: I was ONE strike away (twice!) from PM'g you back in October ... sorry it was not to be this year. What a great two-season run for your Rangers! Maybe in 2012! Yanks didn't even make it to the ALCS this time! .
    Hello, my Yankee friend! It's always good to hear from you.

I'm glad that you liked my musical efforts. Thanks.

Maybe the third time will be a charm for my Texas Rangers. Those Yankees have so much talent on the roster that they are certain to return to the big fall classic...and soon. Wouldn"t you love to have in your bank account just what the Yankees pay Jeter and A-Rod alone?!

Thanks for your message. Have a wonderful New Year.

My best.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum