• Register
  • Help

Topic: How reinstall Stradivari and Gofriller in a computer with already Kontakt 4 installed

Share/Bookmark

How reinstall Stradivari and Gofriller in a computer with already Kontakt 4 installed

Hi
    I recently changed my computer and I am reinstalling my libraries.
    When I bought Strad and Gofriller I had Kontakt2 .
    Now I have Kontakt 4 but unless I am wrong the installer of Strad is searching for the directory of Kontakt 2 player or will install it by itself.
    How can I install both the libraries in Kontakt 4?
    Thank you very much. Happy new year to all.

Re: How reinstall Stradivari and Gofriller in a computer with already Kontakt 4 insta

Quote Originally Posted by franco View Post
    Hi
    I recently changed my computer and I am reinstalling my libraries.
    When I bought Strad and Gofriller I had Kontakt2 .
    Now I have Kontakt 4 but unless I am wrong the installer of Strad is searching for the directory of Kontakt 2 player or will install it by itself.
    How can I install both the libraries in Kontakt 4?
    Thank you very much. Happy new year to all.
    Hi, Franco - I'm only just now seeing your question.

I started over again with a new computer in 2011, and of course needed to reinstall everything. Once I re-activated both the Strad and Gofriller libraries at the Native Instruments site, I installed them using all the default settings in the installer.

I'm able to open both Strad and Gofriller in KP2 which I also re-installed, and I can also open them in KP4. A major difference between KP4 and KP2 is that 4 has a browser for finding the locations of instruments you want to use. It's been awhile since I've used KP4 since I prefer the simpler KP2, but all I recall needing to do was point KP4 in the direction of the Strad and Gofriller installations using its instrument browser.

Randy

Go Back to forum