• Register
  • Help

Topic: Does GPO 4 Work in Logic Express?

Share/Bookmark

Does GPO 4 Work in Logic Express?

Hi
    I cannot get Aria / GPO 4 to appear at all in Logic Express. Are the two compatable? I have followed all the instructions I found on You Tube for installing GPO 4 into Logic Pro and all goes well - until I get to the stage where I click on the grey area under I/O. This is where I should find the links 'All instruments - Garritan - GPO' to bring up the Aria player and install the GPO sounds but these links do not appear so I am stuck. I have tried clicking on different boxes etc, all to no avail. The sequencer plays the Logic sounds fine so there is no problem with my set up. Can anyone offer any advice or a solution? Thanks.

Re: Does GPO 4 Work in Logic Express?

Quote Originally Posted by David Rieuwerts View Post
    Hi
    I cannot get Aria / GPO 4 to appear at all in Logic Express. Are the two compatable? I have followed all the instructions I found on You Tube for installing GPO 4 into Logic Pro and all goes well - until I get to the stage where I click on the grey area under I/O. This is where I should find the links 'All instruments - Garritan - GPO' to bring up the Aria player and install the GPO sounds but these links do not appear so I am stuck. I have tried clicking on different boxes etc, all to no avail. The sequencer plays the Logic sounds fine so there is no problem with my set up. Can anyone offer any advice or a solution? Thanks.
    Hi David,

Log into your account on garritan.com and get the most recent ARIA Player package which also includes the latest ARIA Engine. The package can be found under "/My Account/Free Downloads" at http://www.garritan.com/store/registration/downloads

Best,
    Chad

Re: Does GPO 4 Work in Logic Express?

Hi Chad,
    Thanks for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate it. I downloaded the latest Aria player and engine (1.111 for OS X) but, alas, it still doesn't appear in my Logic Express. I have GPO 4 set up in Sibelius and it works, I just can't locate it within Logic which is very disappointing.

Another thing that isn't right is that the keyswitch keys do not turn pink as they are supposed to but remain greyed out. The 'Keyswitches' space (To the left of the greyed out keys) works - for example, if I'm playing violins ks as a legato sound I can click on the keyswitches area to change to 'alternate up / down bows, but that's the only way I can do it. Surely this can't be correct?

Thanks for any advice.

David

Go Back to forum