• Register
  • Help

Topic: help! can't change dyn max in settings window of aria player

Share/Bookmark

help! can't change dyn max in settings window of aria player

the default settings have disappeared in the settings window of the aria player, can I get them back?

I set the dyn max to 16gb, now finale 2012 at opening warns that it doesn't have enough memory to run properly.

When I try to change the dyn max setting to a lower allocation it denies the change right after I select it.

Help please

Re: help! can't change dyn max in settings window of aria player

Quote Originally Posted by bkoz View Post
    the default settings have disappeared in the settings window of the aria player, can I get them back?

I set the dyn max to 16gb, now finale 2012 at opening warns that it doesn't have enough memory to run properly.

When I try to change the dyn max setting to a lower allocation it denies the change right after I select it.

Help please
    Hi, Bkoz--I don't know what the "dyn max" settings are--?---maybe if I used Finale I'd understand.*

But it looks like you've bought Instant Orchestra, in which case your Aria Player has changed, and the MakeMusic programmers are going to be soon correcting an error they made when programming the Finale files for IO.

Look at this thread - Chad, a Garritan programmer, explains how to correct the issue for now - then you'll have to wait for MM to fix the IO definition file for Finale.

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...crashing-issue

* I guess you mean the RAM allocation, which defaults to 512 MB, and may have been called "dyn max" in earlier versions of Aria?

Randy

Thanks for your timely reply!

The problem is in the stand alone aria player with GPO4.

Every thing was working fine...just tweaking some settings to get latency issues a little more efficient...
    and now for some reason the dyn max is locked on 16gb, I went through a couple other options before this problem occurred.

It also forces the pre caching to 128... I think I may have saved this setting as default?

Is there any way that the default of 512kb and 32kb be re-set?

Will I have to re-install?

Finale is able to start and run, definitely reacting badly with the setting in the aria player that I'm unable to change.

my version is 1.111 x64 Windows

also Randy, do you know how to register/sign-in at the Aria Engine Page?

There's a login, but I have no user name, How do I register?

Hi,

I sent you a PM via the forum for some uninstall/re-install steps. Try those to see if that fixes your issue.

Happy New Year

Chad

Quote Originally Posted by bkoz View Post
    Every thing was working fine...just tweaking some settings to get latency issues a little more efficient...
    and now for some reason the dyn max is locked on 16gb...
    Hi, Bkoz - I'm glad Chad is helping you out - Let us know if his un and re-install steps fix things for you. It does sound screwy, what you're describing. 16 gigs for RAM Allocation--?! Wow---the highest value available in my Aria is 1.2 gigs -higher values are listed but are greyed out and unavailable.

Let us know how you make out.

Randy

Go Back to forum