• Register
  • Help

Topic: What are the keyswitch pitches?

Share/Bookmark

What are the keyswitch pitches?

I'm using GPO4 with Overture and under the old Kontakt version, was able to insert the keyswitch notes. With the Aria player, however, the notes below the active notes are greyed out. I can switch by clicking on the pad to the left of the Aria keyboard, and that works, but I really want to insert the keyswitch notes.

I'm feeling like an idiot, but I can't seem to find a list of what the keyswitch pitches are. Can someone direct me to a list?
    Thanks,
    John

Re: What are the keyswitch pitches?

Quote Originally Posted by JESimmons View Post
    I'm using GPO4 with Overture and under the old Kontakt version, was able to insert the keyswitch notes. With the Aria player, however, the notes below the active notes are greyed out. I can switch by clicking on the pad to the left of the Aria keyboard, and that works, but I really want to insert the keyswitch notes.

I'm feeling like an idiot, but I can't seem to find a list of what the keyswitch pitches are. Can someone direct me to a list?
    Thanks,
    John
    GPO4 only runs under Aria so I'm not sure what you're saying. I believe all the keyswitches are listed in the manual or at the least they are shaded on the virtual keyboard of the Aria player and I believe also shaded in the Kontakt player. It also depends on which set of patches you're using. For notation software you'd want to use the notation patches which put all the keyswitches at the bottom octave of the keyboard for all patches.
    Steve Winkler GPO4 JAAB3 Finale 2012 Reaper Windows 7 Pro 64-bit VSL SE+

As I tried to say, the keyswitches are not highlighted on the Aria player. There are a number of threads commenting on this problem. I have the download version of GPO4, and there is no listing of keyswitch notes in the download manual.

Surely someone knows that a C switches to bowed, an F to pizz, etc - whatever the correct notes are.

Special for you to download the manual........ from page 74 (I think) the keyswitches are explained.

http://www.box.com/shared/static/44g...h3690ygtto.pdf

Raymond

Thank you, that's exactly what I was looking for.
    John

Hi, John - I'm glad the ever-helpful members here have given you the info you needed, but this is strange news that apparently in Overture, the keyswitch notes aren't plainly visible in the Aria interface.

Here's how the KS notes appear in Aria:

When used in the Aria stand-alone, in Sonar, in Sibelius (and probably in Finale--I don't use that program, so don't know)- that's how the KS notes appear. They're red, and labeled at the left of the interface keyboard. When you click a new KS, the text changes, identifying what the KS triggers.

None of that is visible in Overture?

Randy

Randy, in my Overture the Aria player keyswitches are visible, but JESimmons, you have to load a keyswitched instrument first before you can see them...... I just tried.

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62 View Post
    Randy, in my Overture the Aria player keyswitches are visible, but JESimmons, you have to load a keyswitched instrument first before you can see them...... I just tried.

Raymond
    Ah ha! I bet you're right, Raymond - One isn't going to see keyswitches unless you have an instrument/patch that uses them!

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Ah ha! I bet you're right, Raymond - One isn't going to see keyswitches unless you have an instrument/patch that uses them!

Randy
    I was using keyswitched instruments, but I was using the Notation Set. However I learned that one must use the regular set, then, in Overture as in the others, the keyswitches show up. Also, in Overture, you can set up the notation "pizz", "arco", etc. to send the proper keyswitches. But only with the regular set, not the Notation set.

Thanks, guys.
    John

Go Back to forum