• Register
  • Help

Topic: Idea: Global ADSR/Expression

Share/Bookmark

Idea: Global ADSR/Expression

Just bought Instant Orchestra and I'm really satisfied with it, but one thing that would make it even more amazing would be Global ADSR settings.

Would be really useful for ensembles to be able to have both instrument specific ADSR and global one or instrument specific ADSR and ability to "ride" with the modwheel.

Re: Idea: Global ADSR/Expression

Quote Originally Posted by sauli View Post
    Just bought Instant Orchestra and I'm really satisfied with it, but one thing that would make it even more amazing would be Global ADSR settings.

Would be really useful for ensembles to be able to have both instrument specific ADSR and global one or instrument specific ADSR and ability to "ride" with the modwheel.
    Hi Sauli,

Glad to hear positive comments! We'll take a look at your suggestion for future updates.

Regarding the idea of the Global ADSR. You can achieve almost the same effect right now within ARIA and the current Ensembles. One example:

- Keep all of the Instrument Slots that you wish to control globally on MIDI Channel 1. This means any MIDI CC# values you send on MIDI channel 1 the ADSR envelopes will react together.

- Move the instruments that you wish to have a different ADSR envelope onto any of the other MIDI channels. These won't change when you send the MIDI CC data to MIDI Channel 1.

While not a total global ADSR, this method may allow to achieve the musical goals you had in mind.

Also, I'm not quiet sure what you mean when you say:
    and ability to "ride" with the modwheel.
    What specifically do you want to control with the mod wheel?

Glad to hear you are enjoying IO!

- Chad

Go Back to forum