• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Updating Aria Player?

Share/Bookmark

Updating Aria Player?

HI
    I reinstalled my GPO4, JABB and Steinway - pro on my new computer ( Windows 7, Cubase elements 6_64-bit). In the right upper corner of the Aria Player I read : Info on Aria Player VST_x64 :Ver 1.0.0.0 Do I need to update the Aria Player to a more advanced version? Everything seems to work well. If yes, what is the advantage of updating the Aria? And how to do?
    Thank you very much and Happy New Year
    Francesco

Re: Updating Aria Player?

Quote Originally Posted by franco View Post
    HI
    I reinstalled my GPO4, JABB and Steinway - pro on my new computer ( Windows 7, Cubase elements 6_64-bit). In the right upper corner of the Aria Player I read : Info on Aria Player VST_x64 :Ver 1.0.0.0 Do I need to update the Aria Player to a more advanced version? Everything seems to work well. If yes, what is the advantage of updating the Aria? And how to do?
    Thank you very much and Happy New Year
    Francesco
    Yes, you should update your Aria Player. Go to the main Garritan site:

http://www.garritan.com/store/

Sign in, and under Free Downloads you'll find the update link for Aria. Very quick process, and you'll benefit from the improvements in the newer version.

Randy

Thank you Randy for your answer
    I downloaded the update. I added the estension ".exe" ( why was it lacking?) and I installed the new Aria Player. I correctly indicated the folder containing my plugins ( C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase Elements 6\VSTplugins\ Garritan).At the end of the procedure the correct update was confirned. But the Aria player still results to be ver 1.0.0.0.
    What do you think about?
    Thank you for your courtesy
    Franco (which is the shortening for Francesco)

Quote Originally Posted by franco View Post
    Thank you Randy for your answer
    I downloaded the update. I added the estension ".exe" ( why was it lacking?) and I installed the new Aria Player. I correctly indicated the folder containing my plugins ( C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase Elements 6\VSTplugins\ Garritan).At the end of the procedure the correct update was confirned. But the Aria player still results to be ver 1.0.0.0.
    What do you think about?
    Thank you for your courtesy
    Franco (which is the shortening for Francesco)
    This is always a bit confusing - There are actually two different elements - the ARIA Player, and the ARIA Engine. Please go here and update your Engine:

http://www.ariaengine.com/support/

Randy

Thank you Randy
    but the result is unchanged. The first file I employed ( downloaded from http://www.garritan.com/store/ ) was the contemporary update of Aria player an Aria engine. I ran it but, as you know, the result was unchanged. Following your last reply I downloaded from http://www.ariaengine.com/support/ the update for Aria engine 1.111 and ran it. But the result is still ver 1.0.0.0
    Have you some idea?
    Thank you
    Franco

Sorry, Franco - I've already given you all my ideas. Chad or one of the other Garritan developers needs to help you out, sorry. Please use the email link for Support at the Garritan site.

Randy

Thank you anyway Randy
    I will try
    Franco

It looks like you have more than one version of ARIA on your system. Check your system for multiple VSTPlugin folders and check the dates of the ARIA Player VST.dll files. The most recent date would be the newest player. You can copy and paste the .dll to the correct folder.

Jim

Thank you Haydn
    I searched for all the aria folder and files in my computer.The most recent date of my aria_x64.dll and aria_x86.dll is 26-10-2010. Only under c:\program files\Plogue\Aria the date of these .dll is 12-10-2010. But the Aria folder has been created yesterday.
    I bought this new computer 20 days ago, then I reinstalled all the musical files that were contained in my old Windows XP computer. The Aria Player appeared in my new computer when I installed the GPO and the GPO4 update. After this, I installed JABB and, 3 days ago, tha Steinway pro. I made yesterday the only update of Aria in this new computer. Does this means that the ver 1.0.0.0 has been installed together with GPO4? When we don't Know the answer in Italy we say "Boh" .
    Please give me an answer. Don't say boh
    Have my friendship
    Franco

Hi Franco,

Jumping in here regarding the Aria player. This is what I have on my laptop. It shows the Aria player as version 1.02 and the Aria Engine as version 1.111. Is this what you show?

Gary A.

Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Go Back to forum