• Register
  • Help

Topic: Saving settings in AS Basic?

Share/Bookmark

Saving settings in AS Basic?

I'm considering purchasing Authorized Steinway Basic that I'd be using in stand alone mode and just wondering if custom settings can be saved. I did a search but couldn't find any information and didn't see any reference to this in the product info.

Thanks
    Denny
    Virtual pianos.... ah, ya gotta love technology.

Re: Saving settings in AS Basic?

Any Basic users or Garritan rep out there who can answer this? I'm about ready to purchase but what I need to know is once I get settings where I want them, will I have to manually reset everything each time I open GASB, or can settings be saved to make things easier and more productive?

Quote Originally Posted by DRC88 View Post
    Any Basic users or Garritan rep out there who can answer this? I'm about ready to purchase but what I need to know is once I get settings where I want them, will I have to manually reset everything each time I open GASB, or can settings be saved to make things easier and more productive?
    The settings can be saved so the standalone Aria program opens up the same every time.

I'm not sure GAS is being supported by Garritan anymore. I didn't get any answer to my question about 64-bit support and using the newest version of the Aria player (the thread below this one). As other programs like Logic and MainStage go 64-bit GAS has stayed at 32-bit (even though the manual said it was 64-bit when I bought it and still does say that) and won't work well in those programs. The promised 1.05 update never happened and you haven't been able to buy the Pro version for a long time. I originally bought GAS Basic on a promise that 1.05 was coming soon to the Pro version and I would be able to upgrade. That was a long, long, long time ago. Maybe you should look at something else like Ivory II?

Quote Originally Posted by Macy View Post
    The settings can be saved so the standalone Aria program opens up the same every time.

I'm not sure GAS is being supported by Garritan anymore. I didn't get any answer to my question about 64-bit support and using the newest version of the Aria player (the thread below this one). As other programs like Logic and MainStage go 64-bit GAS has stayed at 32-bit and won't work well in those programs. The promised 1.05 update never happened and you haven't been able to buy the Pro version for a long time. I originally bought GAS Basic on a promise that 1.05 was coming soon to the Pro version and I would be able to upgrade. That was a long, long, long time ago. Maybe you should look at something else like Ivory II?
    Thanks. Actually I'm working with the trial version of Pianissimo and like it very much so guess I'll stick with that. I like the sound of GAS but if it's not supported adequately, I'd rather use something else.

It's sad because I really like GAS and looked forward to upgrading to the Pro version. I still like it 2nd to Ivory II in my collection of virtual Steinway pianos. I recommended it to people in other forums where it was seldom mentioned ...

You can definitely save settings with the Steinway in stand-alone, so that you don't have to reapply your preferred settings. And when using the Steinway as a plugin within a host program (such as a sequencer or notation program) you can save settings as you would with any plugin, most commonly just by saving your host session. Or you can save plugin settings for reuse in new projects.

FYI we handle support most directly with email - contact info is at http://garritan.com/index.php?option...160&Itemid=130
    The Garritan Steinway has technical support available if you have any problems (best through email) and we'll continue technical support for quite some time. Certainly if we're selling it we'll support it. Macy sorry about the delay in the forum response - I was a bit slow catching up on the forum after the holidays.

Appreciate the reply, Jeff. I'm new to the forum and have read many of your previous posts that were timely and helpful so didn't know what was going on when I saw Macy's post hadn't been responded to in a while. Nice to see you're back! I think we all became bogged down with the holidays so I understand.

Go Back to forum