• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Blacklisted?

Share/Bookmark

Blacklisted?

Have I been blacklisted from starting a thread in the Listening Room? I've tried quite a few times with different browsers,etc. and it keeps saying it is forbidden and I don't have rights to start a new thread. I can make posts on other people's threads and here in the general discussion... Obviously I can start a thread here.

I've I've broken some rule, please let me know...
    Trent P. McDonald

Re: Blacklisted?

This is what I get:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum/newthread.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Trent P. McDonald

I was having an issue posting in the listening room a few days ago, but it just seemed like the site was having a bunch of traffic, or something. I'm not sure if it was just the forum or the site as a whole. I guess this doesn't really answer your question, but maybe someone will know!
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

Quote Originally Posted by sanyarem View Post
    I was having an issue posting in the listening room a few days ago, but it just seemed like the site was having a bunch of traffic, or something. I'm not sure if it was just the forum or the site as a whole. I guess this doesn't really answer your question, but maybe someone will know!
    One thing I am worried about is that I'll have something like your double post from a few days ago but that ALL of the times I tried come up -maybe a dozen or more times, and it looks like I am spamming the forum...

Hopefully it will sort itself out...
    Trent P. McDonald

Ah, well it was bound to come out sooner or later - Yes, Trent, you have been banned. I regret to be the person who has to tell you.

(scroll down--quickly!)

KIDDING!

What I really am sorry to say is that this Forum's software is just going to pot, nobody seems to be policing the area, and all sorts of problems come up. Suddenly, starting about 2 weeks ago, I can no longer see ANY formatting control buttons when I write a post. I'm constantly having to refer to the BBC code list (located at the bottom of all the pages) to know what code to type in for posting things like pictures that trigger links - for doing Anything except just typing. And then I have to preview the post over and over to make sure it's coming out right. It is a Complete PITA.

We can no longer update our avatars.

The other day, an ancient Sticky Post, "What DAW do you use?" popped up as a regular post at the top of the first page! - At least we were able to rectify that.

I've seen that error message before, Trent. When it happened to me, I just had to wait a few days and then it magically cleared up. Not very encouraging - it is an indication of flakiness happening here at the Forum.

Sorry you're having troubles. Hopefully they'll clear up soon.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by trentpmcd View Post
    One thing I am worried about is that I'll have something like your double post from a few days ago but that ALL of the times I tried come up -maybe a dozen or more times, and it looks like I am spamming the forum...
    We could call it a day of trent-music!
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

Quote Originally Posted by sanyarem View Post
    We could call it a day of trent-music!
    I'm sure the very idea gives some people nightmares... I know it does me... (I got un-blacklisted putting up my post a sentence at a time until I found the problem)
    Trent P. McDonald

Quote Originally Posted by trentpmcd View Post
    ...(I got un-blacklisted putting up my post a sentence at a time until I found the problem)
    Well now that's intriguing--- What was the problem? Ya say some dirty words or sumpin?

Randy

I think - not sure - that it was allowing me to only have 3 embedded links, even if they were all to the same place. If I put in a "raw" url it was fine, but if I turned a word or phrase into a link it came back as "forbidden".

Or maybe it was the phrase "blat fruzzen mutter phitz!" That rarely gets by the censors...
    Trent P. McDonald

Uh-oh, maybe the forum has become self-aware, and has started making decisions on its own.

Go Back to forum