• Register
  • Help

Topic: Difference between GigaSampler&Giga-Studio96/160

Share/Bookmark

Difference between GigaSampler&Giga-Studio96/160

Could anyone tell me the DIFF. between Gigasampler and GigaStudio? I have many problems with the Gigasampler V1.62 is it a bad ideas to upgrade to Giga-Studio96/160?

One of the problems is when I use a sequencer from cakewalk9.03 with the GigaSample V1.62, at the begining of the song (after cakewalk start) the GigaSampler replaces a difference sound on the MIDI channels from the Piano to what ever it likes (Piano to Strings or guitars for example). more problems in the Sequencer process, it gives me more sounds in the empty MIDI channels (which is I haven\'t assigned in the seq.)...Is this a bug in the software or I did something wrong here! Please help! It\'s driving crazy! Onyone here is using this (V1.62) in sucess!
    Best Regards,
    LHong

Re: Difference between GigaSampler&Giga-Studio96/160

One of the problems is when I use a sequencer from cakewalk9.03 with the GigaSample V1.62, at the begining of the song (after cakewalk start) the GigaSampler replaces a difference sound on the MIDI channels from the Piano to what ever it likes (Piano to Strings or guitars for example).

Sounds familiar and this is only a guess but in Cakewalk use \'Event Viewer\' on your track to check for any MIDI patch-change events. They\'re usually highlighted orange. Try deleting them and see if it solves your dilemma.

more problems in the Sequencer process, it gives me more sounds in the empty MIDI channels (which is I haven\'t assigned in the seq.)...Is this a bug in the software or I did something wrong here!

Yeah, this is another side-effect of unwanted patch-change events. As far as I know Gigasampler doesn\'t support patch-changes but for some strange reason still responds to them.

Regards,
    Gulliver.

Be sure your bank in Cakewalk is set to \"none\"

Terry

Thanks Gulliver and Terry,
    No wonder why when I deleted all the MIDI events (except the on/off NOTE) it was better...(SOLO Track). I will try it latter, I hope that is it. So you tell me that there wasn\'t a General MIDI compatible?
    So, would you tell me where is the MIDI-Implement-Chart?
    For Avoiding something like this, we Def. need it, a list of MIDI send and recieve message with fully compatible/incompatible would be nice! (I\'m having a bout 34 tracks with complexity MIDI events).
    Best Regards,
    LHong

Go Back to forum