• Register
  • Help

Topic: How to change midi channel for Omnisphere?

Share/Bookmark

Angry How to change midi channel for Omnisphere?

I feel stupid but I recently started touching up old MIDIs using Omnisphere and I am having a problem using Omnisphere with any midi channel that exceeds 8, it refuses to play any sound or register it is making sound in omnisphere.
    I have tried deleting all other channels, renaming, copying and pasting piano roll into a new project but I can't get it to work.

Any help is appreciated.

Re: How to change midi channel for Omnisphere?

Hi,

looked at this and saw no one had got back to you, don't really know if this is what you are asking about
    as I don't use FL. but here ya go.

have you looked at the mixer page, in Omni, L/hand column the channel's have drop down ch. menu selection
    this sets the receive ch. and you must set the FL channel to send to the selected ch. to match Omni ch.
    I don't use FL but assume that FL allows you to set the ch. to send on?
    Works OK in Cubase.

Regards
    --
    Slice
    Intel i7 920, 6gig OCZ DDR3, Asus P6t, RME FF400USB, 3x500gig inside 1x 1TB ext HD, Cubase 64, 32bit, Omnisphere, Trilian, Superior SD2, Guitars Fender Strat Aria Yamaha, Roland GR20, V-Synth xt, Korg Radias, Motu Midi express xt, Genlec monitors, mackie MCU, Novation SL, outboard fx's.

Quote Originally Posted by slice View Post
    Hi,

looked at this and saw no one had got back to you, don't really know if this is what you are asking about
    as I don't use FL. but here ya go.

have you looked at the mixer page, in Omni, L/hand column the channel's have drop down ch. menu selection
    this sets the receive ch. and you must set the FL channel to send to the selected ch. to match Omni ch.
    I don't use FL but assume that FL allows you to set the ch. to send on?
    Works OK in Cubase.

Regards
    Hi, thanks for the reply!
    Yes I've messed around with omnisphere's midi channel/patch settings to accommodate the other channels but they still don't seem to appear.

Ahh I worked it out! The colour of the notes in Piano Roll corresponds to a channel, the first 8 colours for example refer to the 8 channels you can have in Omnisphere, anything outside those colours won't be processed.

Does anyone know how to change the colour of every note in piano roll at once?

EDIT: It's ALT + C after selecting the notes.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBosspw View Post
    Ahh I worked it out! The colour of the notes in Piano Roll corresponds to a channel, the first 8 colours for example refer to the 8 channels you can have in Omnisphere, anything outside those colours won't be processed.

Does anyone know how to change the colour of every note in piano roll at once?

EDIT: It's ALT + C after selecting the notes.
    Ah, its a midi file type "0" multiple ch file yes/no? and not a really a ch. issue with Omnisphere.
    have you checked out the import/export options...(the guy talks quietly his audio gets loud at 1.03 watch your volume whilst listening)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvNYQTJOL1c

Anyhow good luck.

Best regards
    --
    Slice
    Intel i7 920, 6gig OCZ DDR3, Asus P6t, RME FF400USB, 3x500gig inside 1x 1TB ext HD, Cubase 64, 32bit, Omnisphere, Trilian, Superior SD2, Guitars Fender Strat Aria Yamaha, Roland GR20, V-Synth xt, Korg Radias, Motu Midi express xt, Genlec monitors, mackie MCU, Novation SL, outboard fx's.

Go Back to forum