• Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Distant Star

Share/Bookmark

Red face Distant Star

Eh, had to take it off. Try next time.
    Styxx

Re: Distant Star

Soooooomebody's been having Waaay too much fun with Instant Orchestra.

And - I Love it.

Oh man--Has anybody gotten so much out of a few chords like you do in the extended first part of this track? OK, so maybe they have - but have they had so much doing it? I doubt it! hehe.

You got it all going on here, Styxx - It's a veritable grab bag demo of IO at its best. AND the production sounds slick too.

Spiffin'--!

Randy

Thanks Randy you're too kind. I had to take it off after hearing playback through headphones. Distortion in many spots I didn't pick up playing through my KRK's. Hemingway, I'll re post if anyone is interested after I tweak it down some. (Wish I had DPDAN's ears!
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx View Post
    Thanks Randy you're too kind. I had to take it off after hearing playback through headphones. Distortion in many spots I didn't pick up playing through my KRK's. Hemingway, I'll re post if anyone is interested after I tweak it down some. (Wish I had DPDAN's ears!
    I really got a good kick out of "Distant Star"--yeah, some distortion here and there. If you use an audio program, like the perfectly good and Freeeeeeee Audacity, you can spot those and fix those in the 2-track master.

You wish you had Dan's ears?-- Well, I'm sure he'd miss them if you had them.

Randy

Is there a piece of music named Distant Star? I can't seem to find a link to it?
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

C'mon, Styxx - Get a new link up. There were just a few places in the original version where it peaked out. If you have the right program, even Audacity, that takes literally only a couple of minutes to fix--You run a test to find the peaks, when you find them you lower the volume. - Get the music back up!

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx View Post
    ...Wish I had DPDAN's ears!
    I wish I had his equipment!

Richard

I love the artistic statement you made with this one! A truly distant star would likely be something we could not see with our naked eye. Thus, the true music that should represent a distant star should parallel that idea. Now if you'll excuse me, I know I left my audio telescope around here somewhere...I'll get back to you once I find it!
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

I guess I am like the boy in Polar Express. I can't hear the bell and I certainly can't hear the Distant Star!!
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

You have to listen to the notes he's not playing...
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast