• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Warp

Share/Bookmark

Warp

This is called Warp. It's a little experimental.

I'm using IO- GPO- World Instruments- Sonic Synth- Miroslav Philharmonic.

Also the Animoog app (Minimoog with animation) played in from my iPhone and an iPhone video sound file of my 90 year old mother who has dementia playing an old hymn she learned on the piano as a young girl.

Tribal chanting is yours truly.

http://www.box.com/s/6eokgymeq1vagz9n6cke

Phil

Re: Warp

Phil! This is an interesting piece of experimental music. The note "A" will never be the same to me again. It's fun to play around with sounds isn't it.
    Thanks for posting. Jay

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    This is called Warp. It's a little experimental.

I'm using IO- GPO- World Instruments- Sonic Synth- Miroslav Philharmonic.

Also the Animoog app (Minimoog with animation) played in from my iPhone and an iPhone video sound file of my 90 year old mother who has dementia playing an old hymn she learned on the piano as a young girl.

Tribal chanting is yours truly.

http://www.box.com/s/6eokgymeq1vagz9n6cke

Phil
    Wow--The ol' Listening Room is really getting trippy! Along with this, I hope Styxx gets his experimental IO piece back up.

This is a suite of 4 pieces really, and I had a great time going along the sonic path of each one. Haunting ending, with your mother playing piano.--

HA! Funny post from Jay about the note "A" never seeming the same after this. hehe.

You are a TRIP, Phil!

Randy

Very Interesting.

I received a boxed set of all of Pink Floyd's studio albums, called Discovery, for Christmas this year. For the last couple of weeks I've been living on a diet of Floyd (Well, Floyd and Wagner, an interesting combination....) Some of your experiment seems to follow along the Floyd line - maybe A Saucer Full of Echoing Diamonds or something...

I enjoyed the listen.
    Trent P. McDonald

Quote Originally Posted by jaynkate01 View Post
    Phil! This is an interesting piece of experimental music. The note "A" will never be the same to me again. It's fun to play around with sounds isn't it.
    Thanks for posting. Jay
    Jay,

I just started playing around with the Animoog app( advertised by Moog as the first professional music app)which has chromatic mode as it's default so I kept it simple. I finally figured out how to create audio tracks with it that can be imported into my iMac DAW using an iOS DAW.

I think that the touch screen interface has a lot of possibilities for all music making applications and libraries in the future.

Thanks for listening and commenting.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Wow--The ol' Listening Room is really getting trippy! Along with this, I hope Styxx gets his experimental IO piece back up.

This is a suite of 4 pieces really, and I had a great time going along the sonic path of each one. Haunting ending, with your mother playing piano.--

HA! Funny post from Jay about the note "A" never seeming the same after this. hehe.

You are a TRIP, Phil!

Randy
    Hi Randy,

You pretty much summed this one up.

I was in a pretty minimalist mode for the first two parts. As Jay eluded to I was concentrating more on sounds than any sort of structure. I pretty much just picked the first few IO banks that interested me and went from there.

I spotted the Powwow Drums in World Instruments and came up with the third part.

I spent the weekend for my 60th birthday at a Huichol Indian Shamanism retreat in Seattle. We danced around the fire and shook rattles as the shaman beat a drum and chanted. I'll try most anything once.

The last part with my mother seemed to fit in. I've listened to the Beatles Revolution 9 lately which probably gave me the idea of bringing in a sound clip. I like listening to Revolution 9 and then the Linda Ronstadt version of Good Night on youtube. It's kind of a ying and yang thing.

Thanks much for your take on this.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by trentpmcd View Post
    Very Interesting.

I received a boxed set of all of Pink Floyd's studio albums, called Discovery, for Christmas this year. For the last couple of weeks I've been living on a diet of Floyd (Well, Floyd and Wagner, an interesting combination....).

I enjoyed the listen.
    Hi Trent,

I listened to Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon a lot when it was released and much of their other music through the years. Wagner whom I really like and Pink Floyd? That does sounds like a interesting combination.

Some of your experiment seems to follow along the Floyd line - maybe A Saucer Full of Echoing Diamonds or something..

Yes, that's pretty much what I thought also.

Glad you enjoyed this.

Phil

That's a great, cool, trippy piece.

I like the way it starts to build up. Goes to show you can do just about anything with Garritan instruments.
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Graham,

Glad you liked this one.

The Garritan libraries are pretty versatile. There are other libraries that sound great right out of the box but that's the sound everyone who uses them is going to end up with unless they mix them with other libraries. With Garritan you have the ability to tweak things for the better and sometimes for the worse but it does give you that option.

I think that is why IO is a good balance for the other libraries with the option to use it for it's instant great sounds or creating your own sounds.

Phil

Good one, Mister Phil! Very original in its concept and fun to listen to.

Thanks for posting.

Best,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast