• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Has anyone noticed?

Share/Bookmark

Has anyone noticed?

Things are changing on the northernsounds home page. I usually come straight to this forum but last week I changed to firefox (actually went back to using firefox) and the home page for northernsounds changed from one day to the next. Today, it changed again featuring a video by rbowser on the new IO! A lot of other forums were not listed or have not been established yet on the new home page.

I was just wondering if anyone else has notices these changes and what they might mean.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Re: Has anyone noticed?

O_o (we lack a smiley for that!)

That's the first I've seen of it, since I just have the forums bookmarked as well.

I'd like to know!
    -- Matt Wong

Quote Originally Posted by RichR View Post
    Things are changing on the northernsounds home page. I usually come straight to this forum but last week I changed to firefox (actually went back to using firefox) and the home page for northernsounds changed from one day to the next. Today, it changed again featuring a video by rbowser on the new IO! A lot of other forums were not listed or have not been established yet on the new home page.

I was just wondering if anyone else has notices these changes and what they might mean.
    Hmmmm - I've been on Firefox some time now, and the only change I've had recently--for the WORSE, much worse, is that there are no controls visible when writing a post. Nothing - no font controls, or buttons for inserting pictures, video etc. I have to constantly refer to the BB Code list, accessible through the link at the bottom of every page. It shows you the codes you have to type by hand to do anything except type and use paragraph breaks. It's a PITA.

But I don't know what you mean about the front page constantly changing - suddenly featuring one of my IO video tutorials?--There are three of those now, all regular threads here in General Discussion.

What you have displayed depends on what you have the settings at, using the controls in the lower left of a main page here at the Forum. The default is to only show a day or two of posts. I have mine set to always show everything from the past month. Maybe you've reverted to the default, and you're only seeing a few posts - the few at the very top, and that's why you saw one of my vids suddenly pop up--?

Randy

What you have displayed depends on what you have the settings at, using the controls in the lower left of a main page here at the Forum.
    Randy,

I am talking about here:

http://www.northernsounds.com/

Rich

Randy,

I am talking about here:

http://www.northernsounds.com/
    OH! Hey, wow!-- You know, I can count on one hand how many times I've ever been to the NS front page. And there it is, the first chapter of my IO tutorial. Well that's cool!

I guess they rotate content there, for the entertainment of regular visitors. I'll have to take a look more often, see what all goes on there.

Thanks for pointing it out, Rich - But I don't think this has anything to do with you switching to Firefox--.---?

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Hmmmm - I've been on Firefox some time now, and the only change I've had recently--for the WORSE, much worse, is that there are no controls visible when writing a post. Nothing - no font controls, or buttons for inserting pictures, video etc. I have to constantly refer to the BB Code list, accessible through the link at the bottom of every page. It shows you the codes you have to type by hand to do anything except type and use paragraph breaks. It's a PITA.

Randy
    Hmmm.. I remember awhile back the controls were invisible but lately they have all been there for me. I usually use Safari but I just logged on with Firefox 9.0.1 and they are still visible. You might try selecting clear recent history under the tools menu and check all the boxes and relaunch. ???????

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    Hmmm.. I remember awhile back the controls were invisible but lately they have all been there for me. I usually use Safari but I just logged on with Firefox 9.0.1 and they are still visible. You might try selecting clear recent history under the tools menu and check all the boxes and relaunch. ???????

Phil
    Hmmm, well I Do want me controls back. It's all blankness here, and such a hassle to put posts together with vids etc--But "clear recent history,"--in Firefox you mean. How much and what kind of recent history is cleared? I don't wanna get messed up.

Randy

Randy said:
    Thanks for pointing it out, Rich - But I don't think this has anything to do with you switching to Firefox--.---?
    No, I didn't mean it had anything to do with firefox. I just said that I switched to firefox and didn't have the saved link to go straight to the garritan forum. I went to the NorthernSounds home page which changed 3 times in the last week and a half. Things are changing on the NorthernSounds front page and I just wondered if anyone else had noticed or knows whats happening?

Rich

Randy said:

No, I didn't mean it had anything to do with firefox. I just said that I switched to firefox and didn't have the saved link to go straight to the garritan forum. I went to the NorthernSounds home page which changed 3 times in the last week and a half. Things are changing on the NorthernSounds front page and I just wondered if anyone else had noticed or knows whats happening?
    Oh I see - I didn't follow your original post correctly. I get it now - You didn't have a link, you went to the front page of NS, and noticed that it keeps changing. Well, even though I haven't been there all that often, I'm pretty sure they just keep rotating content.

You don't keep any auto-emails from the Forum? That's how I rely on keeping track of what I've responded to. The only way I ever get to the Garritan Forums is by clicking on the links in those emails.

Randy

I have auto-emails but haven't got an email notification in months.

Rich

Go Back to forum