• Register
  • Help

Topic: Authorization issue (solved)

Share/Bookmark

Authorization issue (solved)

I was having a problem getting JABB authorised on my OS X laptop.
    The instructions said that I could drag the image from the web page directly to the ARIA plugin.
    That didn't work for me - not sure if it's a Mac specific problem.
    The solution was to drag the downloaded image file from the Finder window, not the image.
    Hope that helps someone.

Re: Authorization issue (solved)

Quote Originally Posted by cropleyb View Post
    I was having a problem getting JABB authorised on my OS X laptop.
    The instructions said that I could drag the image from the web page directly to the ARIA plugin.
    That didn't work for me - not sure if it's a Mac specific problem.
    The solution was to drag the downloaded image file from the Finder window, not the image.
    Hope that helps someone.
    Excellent, Cropleyb - Really good idea to post your solution so that others can find it.

I just now checked to confirm, and you're absolutely right that the Garritan website says the Authorization Keycard can be "alternatively" just dragged from the web page to the Aria interface. I've never tried to do that, since I initially downloaded each Keycard as I got my Garritan Libraries, and saved them for safe keeping. Dragging the downloaded copies to Aria has always worked, as you confirmed it also works on a Mac. -- So, my feeling is that the website's instructions could be changed so that the Only method mentioned is download and drag.

Thanks!

Randy

I can confirm the error (and solution) on the PC as well. I dragged the image from the web for IO auth. and it seemed to work. After closing Aria and coming back to it, it wanted authorization again.

Fixed by downloading the image instead, then dropping the image file on to the aria player.
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Excellent, Cropleyb - Really good idea to post your solution so that others can find it.

(snip)

Thanks!

Randy
    No problem. I asked Garritan's support to address this issue but surprisingly have not had any response.

Go Back to forum