• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sound Advice

Sound Advice

I just purchased Gigastudio 160 in hopes of getting one of, if not the best piano sound available. I really like the samples and would like to know what other people are using for studio monitors?

The sound I\'m getting in the mid range of the piano is very \"tinny\" and hollow sounding. What are you using to beef up the sound? Do you have to run the gigapiano sound through a lot of EQ and stuff to get it to sound full? Right now I\'m using a SB live card and EVENT 20 20 speakers. I Brought home a set of high priced JBL\'s with very similar results. I\'m starting to get a bit desparate and would appreciate any feedback I can get. I would love to realize the full potential of Giga studio and the Gigapaino Samples.

Re: Sound Advice

A different piano sample would be a cheaper solution than to replace your 20/20\'s, which are supposed to be good speakers...

Check out Malmsjö Acoustic Grand at:

Re: Sound Advice

You should really check this site out.
    Someone posted it about a month ago, and it\'s a really valuable reference for most of us who can\'t get twenty piano programmes in the same room at the same time playing the same piece, played by the same guy in exactly the same way:

Go Back to forum