• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: NAMM Announcements?

Share/Bookmark

NAMM Announcements?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hurchalla View Post
    We expect we'll make big announcements before NAMM, which though not limited to the pianos do include them. If it helps to know, the Steinway D and B have both been developed internally quite a lot this last year.
    But until the announcements, the news I can give is a bit limited.
    Hope this helps you-
    Jeff
    Anything piano related announced?

Re: NAMM Announcements?

Jeff - please let us know as soon as you can.
    Best,
    AB

Quote Originally Posted by Macy View Post

Anything piano related announced?

The biggest announcement happened before NAMM, a bit earlier than I expected, which was Garritan being bought by Makemusic. The sale had invisibly had a large effect on planning, and I could only refer to it in the most vague way before the Christmastime announcement. The new product release was Instant Orchestra a few weeks ago, announced at the same time it was released. The non-press-release announcement that may interest you is shortly after I return from NAMM I'll work on getting 1.05 update to the Steinway D into release state and downloadable.
    We don't have a new piano product announcement at NAMM - most likely you can piece together that some things are going on, but you'll probably find all new products will be announced right around the time they're released.

Fabulous about 1.05.
    Any date projection?
    March?
    April?
    May?"
    Summer?
    Fall?

I don't have an estimated release date I can give. Informally perhaps I'll be able to start on it in about two weeks.

What will be new in this version ?

The update is for pedaling improvements. There might be one or two other things that would be announced when it's released if I can add them.

Unhappy Re: NAMM Announcements?

That's all ?
    Why does not Garritan Steinway controllers such as those present in galaxy (for example) ?
    It lacks an effective velocity curve.
    It lacks a button to act on the character of the sound (more or less hard).
    It lacks the sounds of hammers fall.
    It lacks the setting of release.
    In short it lacks many things that the piano is powerful and customizable.

And two faults to be corrected: the sound of pedal that is disgusting and the volume knob that does not respond to controller 7 when the piano is in a vsti host.

It's an update - it's not intended to be anything more or less than an update to an existing product. You have good feature requests, and all of them make sense for a version change and any new product. I don't want to make people wait when I can put out an update that focuses on something they really want now - pedaling fixes and pedaling improvements. Nevertheless, CC7 volume response is something I'm quite likely to add, though I'd announce it upon releasing the update if I'm able to put it in without any problem - it's just not the focus of the update.

Jeff - I agree with you. Better to get something out quck that fixes the pedal and improvements there.
    It has been a long time since an update - so it is always great to get one.

THANKS for your hard work.
    AB

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hurchalla View Post
    It's an update - it's not intended to be anything more or less than an update to an existing product. You have good feature requests, and all of them make sense for a version change and any new product. I don't want to make people wait when I can put out an update that focuses on something they really want now - pedaling fixes and pedaling improvements. Nevertheless, CC7 volume response is something I'm quite likely to add, though I'd announce it upon releasing the update if I'm able to put it in without any problem - it's just not the focus of the update.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast