• Register
  • Help

Topic: Other NAMM News

Share/Bookmark

Other NAMM News

I just read that MOTU has announced Digital Performer 8.

It's now OSX 64 bit AND it's WINDOWS compatible!

Re: Other NAMM News

That would be fantastic news! I would love to have DP 8 on my PC!
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    I just read that MOTU has announced Digital Performer 8.

It's now OSX 64 bit AND it's WINDOWS compatible!
    IT"S TRUE !!!

I can say to all the Windows folks who don't love their current sequencing software, you gotta get DP8!
    How phenomenal!

Dan

You are making me very jealous Dan. I have seen many neat things in DP but was heavily invested in Windows before all the cool mac stuff started coming out...I guess the Mac is finally putting pressure on the PC again.

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN View Post
    IT"S TRUE !!!

I can say to all the Windows folks who don't love their current sequencing software, you gotta get DP8!
    How phenomenal!

Dan
    WHat the heck is DP8 and why is it so great.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis View Post
    WHat the heck is DP8 and why is it so great.
    The new version of Digital Performer - a recording program from Mark of the Unicorn, a company which looms large in the history of MIDI software development. It has a relatively small user base, compared to the followings for giants like Pro Tools, Sonar and Cubase, but it certainly has its loyal followers.

And that's my cue to turn the floor over to our own---DPDAN--Mr. Digital Performer himself!

Give it time--I'm sure you'll get more info from Dan once he sees your question.

Randy

he he he Randy

Well it (DP8) isn't actually out yet, but according to some words from the MOTU booth at NAMM
    it should be available in March of this year.

Most of us here has either a love or hate relationship with the software that we use to make music, no matter how we make it,,,,
    we either love it or hate it. I love DP!

Back in 2004 I decided to quit using standalone devices for recording and mixing and get a computer.

Well I did, I bought a Windows machine with Windows 98 on it. It had it's share of issues as all computers do at times but it got me on the internet and allowed me to start learning the ropes of a computer. During a mix session of a vocal group that is directed by a great friend of mine Dr. Jim Henry (also directs The Ambassadors of Harmony) told me I needed to get a Mac. I had always hated how long it took for other "engineer" friends of mine to accomplish a simple task. It turns out, the Mac wasn't what was slow, it was their unfamiliarity of their DAW software.

So, I bought a Mac and Digital Performer because it was the king of midi and audio editing.
    From DP3 to 4, to 5 to 6 and now 7.24 it is wonderful.

I wish I could throw a big pizza party and show some of the fantastic things about DP. It truly allows me to make music so fast.

Anyway, it is so awesome that MOTU is going to be finally releasing a Windows version. In the next few days I am going to make some short little tutorials of some of the features that I really like and post them here.

So that's it from Mr. motormouth
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    It has a relatively small user base
    That's more true here in Italy. When I asked some audio professionals on which DAW to choose they said "DP, no doubt. But you will not find much support here (read: "If you persist in speaking italian")."

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN View Post
    It truly allows me to make music so fast.
    See above.

I wish I could throw a big pizza party and show some of the fantastic things about DP.
    I wish I could be there with you! I could have supplied it from the superb pizza shop close to my home.

In the next few days I am going to make some short little tutorials of some of the features that I really like and post them here.
    Thank you, Dan. Can't wait to look at it. And maybe definitely go for DP some day.
    Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

As long as it isn't a Digital Pizza.

Raymond

I used Digital Performer back in 1990 when I worked for Hal Leonard. That was my first time using a sequencer (as it was called back then). It was so easy to figure out and utilize. I have a Mac now that someone gave me about a year ago. I've been wanting to purchase DP for it, but first it needs more memory and a newer operating system so I just put it off. Now I won't have to. I'm embarrassed to say how many DAWs I own. I've just never had the time to learn how to use them. I'd fund myself in a crunch and have to get music out right away so I'd be back using Finale, which I've been using since 1990 as well (back when it was mostly supported for Macs). Finale has come a long way since those days, but I really want to get myself to where I can utilize a DAW as well.
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Go Back to forum