• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Project Sam out of business?

Share/Bookmark

Project Sam out of business?

Hello all, first post here.
    I'm a film&TV composer who owns all Project Sam libraries but the organ.
    For the last couple of months I've been trying to get support from them to no avail.
    I've emailed, phoned and used the online form.
    All the libraries are registred.

Am I the only one?
    Or has Project Sam gone out of business?

Please, if someone has any connections get them to please answer me.

Kindest Regards,

Anders Wall

Re: Project Sam out of business?

Hi there!

As far as I know, they split the firm in two, so now its Soundiron and 8DIO. I wouldn`t worry, as it seems they both flourish, prepare some new releases, and give full support for the old libs. You should find out which of your libs is now belong to whom.

Vladzakr.

-----------EDIT------------

Of course its not the one I thought - silly me. I hope Project Sam is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladzakr View Post
    Hi there!

As far as I know, they split the firm in two, so now its Soundiron and 8DIO. I wouldn`t worry, as it seems they both flourish, prepare some new releases, and give full support for the old libs. You should find out which of your libs is now belong to whom.

Vladzakr.
    This is not true. The firm that split in two (8dio and Soundiron) was Tonehammer and not Project Sam.
    Film Composer - www.juhanalehtiniemi.com
    My latest project: Our first indie pop -single, produced in Ableton Live, available also on iTunes and Amazon
    Mac Pro 6-core 3.33GHz

I just bought Project SAM Orchestra Essentials a few weeks ago (A combo product of many of their popular full libraries).
    They just released an update to their popular SYMPHOBIA library as well as an update to the ORGAN MYSTIQUE.
    They are alive and well, and some might say, thriving.

I know their support links through their website require you to enter your user name and password.
    I would try there first and see if you can log on and see your registered libraries listed.
    Then use that place as the portal for your inquiry.

Otherwise, I'd recommend you try calling them on the phone. This seems to work better for support than email which can go into SPAM folders.

Hope you get this resolved.

Not sure what is going wrong for you, but Project Sam is certainly not out of business. They've released Orchestral Essentials, updates for one of the Symphobias, a second update is being prepared etc....all within the last few months...so they are definitely alive and well, and corresponding with people on other Forums and on social media. So perhaps their replies are going into your spam folder or are being blocked or your messages aren't reaching them??

Edit: it appears Robert and I were typing replies at the same time, but there you go....confirmation from two people.
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

Thx for all your replies.

Good to hear that they are still in business.
    But a part of me is sad that I spend my hard earned money buying products from a company that doesn't answer support calls.

Yes I have phoned them, to no avail.
    Yes I have logged in and used their online form, to no avail.
    Yes I have e-mailed their support and info, to no avail.

Not sure what to do next.
    I have paid alot for software that I can't use.

That sucks,

/Anders

Hmm, well they've certainly responded promptly to questions when I've contacted them, and they answered questions on the V.I. Control forum during the release of OE, so it's hard to know why your requests haven't been answered. Have you tried any of the social media sites? Is there something folks on forums can help with? Are you getting update notices, and are updates appearing in your account?
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

Admin should probably delete this post as it is TOTALLY not true. That is how rumors get started.

Rik

No offense, but no one comes to this forum anymore, so I wouldn't worry about any rumors getting started.
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Quote Originally Posted by keithjfuller View Post
    No offense, but no one comes to this forum anymore, so I wouldn't worry about any rumors getting started.
    Somewhat true perhaps, but then again you and Richard and I aren't 'no ones' either.
    In any case, the OP does indeed seem to be having problems with 2 way communications with PS, so hopefully that problem can be solved somehow. Perhaps the Subject line of the thread could be altered though.

Go Back to forum