• Register
  • Help

Topic: Brass Libraries

Share/Bookmark

Brass Libraries

Hey, everyone! I was wondering if anyone has used the Broadway Lites library. Since it's release the only thing I have been able to find is the 4 minute demo video the company posted with the product's release. I liked the sounds on it, but I've never heard it used to make a full track. I do a lot of musical theater pit work, and am always looking for jazz/pop sounding brass/sax libraries to help fill out the sound. I currently use Chris Hein and get some good results, but the brass (especially the trumpets) are so cleanly sampled it's hard to get them to feel "live". Some older libraries like Kick A** Brass, Warp IV Screaming Trumpets, and First Call Horns, while limited in articulations or not set up to keyswitch, had small mistakes, irregular vibrato, or minor pitch issues which let the sounds "breathe" a little more. (Much like the tuning is LASS helps the strings not sound so synthy.)

Another couple of questions: Is there a way on Broadway Lites to play more than one note on a sound? (I am often needing to play chords, but I know some programs like the Sample Modeling and Chris Hein Vol. 1 only allow single lines per instrument.) Also, how does this compare to MOJO? The demos on MOJO for me sometimes come across so processed or synthy that they don't even sound like samples to my ears. Maybe I am just hearing the wrong demos. Thanks for any advice you have to offer!

Michael

Re: Brass Libraries

Briefly, IMHO, stay with Chris Hein, avoid MOJO Horns and Brass 2, and c/o The Trumpet and Mr. and Ms. Saxes from SampleModeling. Info on Broadway Lite, which was on sale for awhile, is available on the V.I. Control forum.

http://www.samplemodeling.com/en/products_trumpet.php

Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

Thanks for the reply! I actually own the Sample Modeling stuff - I love the sound, but since I need to play chords it isn't practical for my needs. When tracking, however, it's one of my "go to" instruments.

Cheers. If I remember correctly, I've seen your name in posts on the V.I. Control forum, so have perhaps have a look at the recent thread there re. problems with tech support for Broadway users, and also the one back in Dec.(?) at the time of the Broadway Lite sale. They might be helpful. Understood about the Trumpet; it's not for all occasions, where Chris' stuff is, in many ways.
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

Go Back to forum